Small-Group Downtown and Fremont Street History Walking Tour
Experience the neon sights and sounds of old Las Vegas on this guided, 2-hour walking tour. Walk from past to present and hear the stories of how Sin City got it’s start. See some of Fremont Street’s most fascinating attractions, like the Fremont Street Experience, Downtown Container Park and the Mob Museum locale, to name a few. Upgrade to include a visit to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, featured on the hit TV show ‘Pawn Stars,’ plus historic wedding chapels and city buildings. Tips, tricks and recommendations throughout will have you feeling like a 'Vegas Insider'. Area restaurant list and business coupons will provide plenty of options following your tour.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Instant Confirmation
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fremont Street Experience, 425 Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5620
Your tour will walk through the entire 4-block long Fremont Street Experience as you hear all the fascinating stories and learning about the properties along the way. You will also learn how, and why the world's largest video screen canopy above came to be, has been refurbished 3 times and is still a major draw for people to see for themselves. Seeing is one thing, but you will become immersed.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Binion's Gambling Hall, 128 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5604
During your tour your will learn about the colorful Benny Binion and how he came to Las Vegas and opened up the first 'carpet joint' in downtown Las Vegas which is today a popular stop for locals and visitors alike for it's vintage steakhouse, live entertainment, new rotating bar above Fremont Street and full-restored, vintage boutique hotel.
Pass By: Casino at the Golden Gate Hotel, 1 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5601
You will learn about the deep history of this landmark address of 1 Fremont St., how it has miraculously survived the times through many transitions and is today a top 'must see' for many that visit downtown Las Vegas.
Stop At: Las Vegas Downtown, Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV
See Las Vegas like you’ve never seen before or didn't know existed. Walk from past to present as stories, fun facts, and a photographic 'walk through time' peel back the layers of neon and expose the rich history underneath. Learn how this magical city went from humble outpost, to the eye-popping ‘Glitter Gulch’, one of the most pictured and storied thoroughfares in the world, to a sparkling gem of urban renewal and revitalization.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Downtown Container Park, 707 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5615
As you tour through the newly revitalized Fremont East to learn how one man’s vision and commitment to community has sparked perhaps the greatest downtown revitalization project in the United States, the tour wraps up inside the innovative Downtown Container Park, a shopping, dining, entertainment attraction partially made out of recycled shipping containers. A perfect way to conclude the story 'from humble outpost' to 'gem of urban renewal' and where you'll be left with all the knowledge to go explore downtown Las Vegas like a 'Vegas Insider'!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Las Vegas Walking Tours, Las Vegas, NV
Downtown Las Vegas is unlike any other in the country and Las Vegas Walking Tours is proud to participate in it’s return to becoming a top attraction in the United States, and throughout the world. Walk from past to present as stories, fun facts, and a photographic 'walk through time' peel back the layers of neon and expose the rich history underneath. Learn how this magical city went from humble outpost, to the eye-popping ‘Glitter Gulch’, one of the most pictured and storied thoroughfares in the world, to a sparkling gem of urban renewal and revitalization.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: The Toy Shack, 450 Fremont St Ste 117, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5623
See the famous Toy Shack, home of Pawn Stars expert toy appraiser Johnny Jimenez. Here you will learn about Johnny's 'pride and joy' vintage toy and possibly even see Johnny for a quick hello and photo op.
Stop At: Casino at the Plaza Hotel, 1 S Main St at the Plaza Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV 89101-6370
Your tour begins at this historic location for good reason. Here you will begin to learn about the very beginnings of Las Vegas as they literally began beneath the foundation. You will also learn how this 'vintage' 1970's casino has not only survived but is thriving into one of our proudly restored properties with many exciting refurbishments, renovations, and classic Las Vegas flair!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Golden Nugget Casino, 129 Fremont St Golden Nugget Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5603
A very popular hotel/casino and still a major feature of downtown Las Vegas. Here you will not only learn it's connection to Steve Wynn of "Las Vegas Strip" fame, but also of it's internationally top-rated features but also how it's original bones dating back to 1946 mobsters still exist. You will not just learn about it, you will walk through it!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Casino at the El Cortez Hotel, 600 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101-5614
Classic 40's Vegas at it's finest. The oldest hotel - casino in Las Vegas, and boy it's got stories. You will hear about the early days and ties to famous mobsters but also how it has not only remained a classic, locals casino but how it has refurbished, remodeled and expanded with the times, all while keeping every ounce of it's Las Vegas charm.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1 N Main St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Downtown Container Park, 707 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA
- Walking tour of Fremont Street, Fremont Street Experience, Fremont East and Downtown Container Park
- Local guide
- Wireless headset
- Visit to the Gold and Silver Pawn shop (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Fremont Street Experience
- Entry/Admission - Las Vegas Walking Tours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit to the Gold and Silver Pawn shop (unless option selected)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes, bottled water and sun protection are strongly advised
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Tours are in English language only. Fluency in conversational English is recommended
- Our guests health is always a priority and during this unprecedented time we have put extra measures in place to help ensure your safety. Stringent Cleaning – Audio headsets will continue to be cleaned & sanitized before each tour with disinfectant aerosol and wipes. Each headset now also receives a ‘deep-clean’ via HoMEDICS® UV-CLEAN Portable Sanitizer which has been clinically proven to kill up to 99.9% of bacteria & viruses at the DNA level with UV-C light. Social Distancing – Your guide will be wearing a full-face shield and guests will be asked to maintain 6 feet between other parties on the tour. Our wireless audio headsets will also allow you to navigate around other pedestrians during your tour to help you maintain your comfortable social distance while still hearing your guides every word.
- As mandated by the State of Nevada - Facial coverings or masks must be worn at all times by all Nevadans and visitors, whether indoors or outdoors, when in the presence of someone who is not part of their household. All guests who participate on our tours must wear a face covering or mask over their nose and mouth with no exemptions except for children under the age of 2. If you are unable to wear a face covering or mask for any reason we regret that you will be unable to participate in our tours at this time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Face coverings/mask mandate is in effect. All participants must wear a face covering/mask over their nose & mouth with no exemptions except for children under 2. If you are unable to wear a face covering/mask for any reason we regret that you will be unable to participate in our tours at this time.
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 111 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-6756FCCWT
Similar Tours & Activities