3-Hour Black Canyon Tour by Motorized Raft with Optional Transport
Escape the craziness of Las Vegas for a day on the beautiful Colorado River. You can choose to self-drive to the departure point or be transported to the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, and then near the base of the Hoover Dam to board your raft for a smooth water trip through the Black Canyon. Enjoy magnificent views of the Hoover Dam and the surrounding cliffs on this 3-hour rafting tour. A day trip not to be missed!
- Fully narrated tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Black Canyon River Adventures, 268 Lake Shore Rd Lake Mead RV Village, Las Vegas, NV 89005-1202
Your adventure begins on the outskirts of Boulder City in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. You will travel down the Lower Portal Road, the original road used by the construction workers of the Hoover Dam to board the raft. Three hours are spent exploring 12-miles of history, beauty and wonder as you glide through the Black Canyon National Water Trail. Experience the waterfalls, hot springs and other geological wonders. This trip is fully narrated by experienced, knowledgeable guides who offer incredible history of the Hoover Dam and the Back Canyon National Water trail. A refreshing stop along the way at a side beach will give you the opportunity to stretch your legs, swim or play in the cool clear water of the Colorado River. Lunch is included in a take-home, insulated souvenir bag. Your tour will end at the Willow Beach Marina in the scenic Mohave desert of Arizona, where you will board your shuttle back to where you started from. ~ Don't Forget Your Camera ~
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 268 Lakeshore Rd, Boulder City, NV 89005, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Float Trip
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Round-trip Transportation (depending on option selected)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.56 out of 5 stars based on 9 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
What a great time spent cruising the river. A great boat ride with a very knowledgeable guide who loves his job. Recommend this trip highly.
Reid...was the best guide you would want to have. Cold towels dripped in cool water wrapped around your neck..shades...sun block and a hat...we were in Heaven. Canyons was awesome no deer/goats. If God has blessed you with or without sight it's something to be seen.
Awesome day on the river with Jodi as our guide. She did an excellent job keeping us cool - the wet towels around our necks were a godsend! Just enjoyed every minute of it - relaxing, informative, hot springs, long horned sheep, great views. It was a spectacular day!
This trip is well worth the time and expense. Our tour guide, Dan, was excellent and very conscious of our safety and comfort as it was hot during our trip. While the restroom facilities were primitive during our lunch stop, the beauty of the area and the relaxing atmosphere more than made up for the lack of restroom comfort. On each vacation there is generally one thing thing that stands out as a favorite - this float trip was it.
The overall trip was fantastic. John on the bus was very welcoming and made us feel very comfortable, our pilot on the raft was Jeff and he truly was a character. His knowledge of the canyon was unbelievable and made our trip very enjoyable. The only thing I would say is that the time on the river was just a little too long and 2 hours many have been better.
Beautifull views. I was kind of jealous when I saw all those people in kayaks and canoes stopping to visit the caves and the beaches and swim. But at least we stopped once to eat and swam a few minutes. Just make sure you know this trip is the quiet one. Perfect for elders and people that want it smooth.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-14684P1
Similar Tours & Activities