Guided Kayak Adventure on the Wailua River
Experience the incredible Wailua River on this 5-6 hour, guided kayak tour on Kauai. Paddle by the Kamokila Village, where the opening scene from the movie “Outbreak” was filmed. Hike through lush rain forest, and take photos of the stunning Ulewehi Waterfall. Includes a picnic lunch: turkey sandwiches, chips, cookies, fresh pineapple & bottled water.
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Kayak 2 miles, Hike 1 mile to have lunch and a swim at a waterfall. Hike back and paddle back. Guests should be fit, active & have a sense of adventure to do this tour. Guests exposed to stream crossings, hiking through forest exposed to roots, rocks, incline/decline on trails, lots of mud in the winter / rainy season. No bad backs, knees, recent surgeries. For your safety, we cannot take pregnant women or children under the age of 5.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 6 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Guided kayak tour
- Double sit on top Ocean Zest Kayaks
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Turkey sandwiches, fresh pineapple, chips & cookies. Please notify us directly at 1-808-635-9341 if you are vegetarian or gluten-free for lettuce wrap.
- PFD (Life jackets)
- Water Resistant Dry Bags
- Guide(s) State Certified and trained in water safety
- Hotel Pick Up or Drop Off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Trail conditions vary from super dry to very muddy depending on recent rain
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Hiking sandals like Tevas or Keens, water shoes or sneakers (your feet will get wet & muddy).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- On 9/13/21, HI state mandate was passed: Wailua River tour companies are required to provide proof of guide vaccination or weekly negative covid tests to operate tours on state property to the DLNR.
- Masks must be worn in our van to marina.
- Masks are optional outside at outdoor kiosk & activity.
Average 4.79 out of 5 stars based on 53 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor