Chicago Architecture River Cruise
Experience one of the world’s most beautiful cities on a cruise down the historic Chicago River. On this architecture cruise, head down the main branch of the Chicago River, up the north branch to the East Bank Club, and then south past Willis Tower (Sears Tower) to the old Post Office Building. Take in magnificent city skyline views as you see more than 40 notable buildings, including the John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building, and learn about their distinctive architecture from your onboard guide, an expert in architecture.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chicago River, Chicago, IL
Cruise takes place on the Chicago River.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: Chicago Skyline, Chicago, IL 60601
Enjoy an amazing view of the city's skyline.
Pass By: Chicago Board of Trade Building, 141 W Jackson Blvd La Salle Street, Chicago, IL 60604-2992
An art deco masterpiece, this is the home of many of the city's financial movers and shakers.
Pass By: Wrigley Building, 410 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-4213
This white, terra-cotta landmark was built in 1922 as headquarters for the Wrigley chewing gum company.
Pass By: Navy Pier, 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-3419
50 acres of parks, promenades, gardens, shops, eateries and attractions, including a 15-story Ferris wheel.
Pass By: Illinois Center, 233 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601-5519
This mixed-used building is notable in that the streets running through it have three levels.
Pass By: Skydeck Chicago - Willis Tower, 233 S Wacker Drive entrance on Jackson Blvd (south side of building), Chicago, IL 60606-7147
Tallest building in the Western Hemisphere
Pass By: Tribune Tower, 435 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-4066
The neo-gothic tower's signature is the exterior collection of stones from other famous edifices, like the Parthenon, St. Peter's Basilica, Notre Dame, the White House and most recently, the Berlin Wall.
Pass By: 222 Merchandise Mart Plz Suite 107, Chicago, IL 60654-1103
The largest commercial building in the world. First two floors are essentially a mall, and the rest is business offices
Pass By: Marina City, 300 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654-5414
Unique architecture for a building complex as its own self-contained community.
Pass By: Lake Point Tower, 505 N Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611-3427
A high-rise residential building located on a promontory of the Lake Michigan lakefront
Pass By: 333 West Wacker Drive, 333 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606-1220
Noted for its reflection of the curves of the Chicago River
Pass By: The East Bank Club, 500 N Kingsbury St, Chicago, IL 60654-5721
A health club with 450,000 square feet of space
Pass By: The Lyric Opera House, 20 N Wacker Dr 60606, Chicago, IL 60606-2806
Well-known opera company puts on lavish performances in this massive Art Deco Civic Opera House.
Pass By: Citicorp Center, 500 W Madison St, Chicago, IL 60661-4544
Located between Clinton and Canal Streets on Madison Street, the structure was designed in a late modernist style.
Pass By: John Hancock Center, 875 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-1803
The John Hancock Center, is a 100-story, 1,128-foot supertall skyscraper
Pass By: London Guarantee Building, 360 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601-3814
The London Guarantee Building or London Guaranty & Accident Building is a historic 1923 commercial skyscraper
Pass By: Historic Water Tower, 806 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-2103
Chicago-focused gallery, specializing in photos, inside a 19th-century Gothic limestone landmark.
Pass By: Chicago Architecture Center, 111 E Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
The Chicago Architecture Center is home to a 4,000-building scale model of Chicago
Pass By: Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602-4801
The Chicago Cultural Center is the nation's first free municipal cultural center and one of the most visited attractions in Chicago. The stunning landmark building, opened in 1897 as the city's first public library, is home to two magnificent stained-glass domes.
Pass By: Millennium Park, 201 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601-6530
Located within Grant Park, Millennium Park is home to Cloud Gate, or "the bean."
Pass By: Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park, Chicago, IL 60605
Chicago's landmark is considered one of America's finest fountains due to its Beaux-Arts-style landscape design, finely wrought bronze sculpture and innovative use of technology.
Pass By: Chicago Riverwalk, Chicago, IL 60601
A continuous walkway connecting the lakefront with the heart of downtown.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Guided architecture cruise of the historic Chicago River
- Live commentary on board
- Drinks (available for purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All boats have full restrooms and some have a full bar
- Some boats are single deck vessels, the type of vessel you are placed on cannot be guaranteed
- Wheelchairs or other walking assistance equipment are not provided.
- Tour times cannot be changed.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 250 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.78 out of 5 stars based on 3150 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call us to speak with a Cool Chicago specialist!
Product code: C-5580ARC
Similar Tours & Activities