Chicago Craft Brewery Barrel Bus Tour
There’s never been a better time to be a beer drinker — and Chicago, with its thriving brewery scene and many destination-worthy beer bars, is the perfect city for suds lovers. Visit four of its craft breweries on this all-inclusive, 3.5-hour tour, where you’ll get to tour brewery production facilities and enjoy copious samples of local brews. To keep things interesting, you’ll travel in a barrel-shaped bus. Morning and evening departure times are both available.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All-inclusive tour
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Chicago is a beer lover’s town, and on this all-inclusive, 4-hour tour, you’ll travel around the city in a quirky, barrel-shaped bus, sampling its many suds. Depart at either 11am, 7pm, or 8pm, and look forward to visiting four of the city’s breweries.
As you drive around town, your guide will provide historical context for the city’s recent craft beer resurgence, detailing the rise of its brewing industry in the 1800s, the fact that Chicago’s first mayor opened a brewery, and the impact that Prohibition had on the fledgling industry.
You’ll stop at four different breweries as part of this tour, from big names like Lagunitas to several of the city’s smaller, upstart craft breweries. As you go, learn more about the science behind the brewing process, enjoy an informative tour of brewery production facilities, and get ready to do some sampling. Taste a number of different brews at each stop; you’ll consume roughly 50 ounces of beer during the tour, which adds up to about four bottles’ worth of suds.
Attendees must be 21 years of age and older to join the tour; please bring along your government-issued photo ID. The tour concludes at your original point of departure.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 600 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 45-55 ounces of craft beer
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by climate-controlled barrel bus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
This tour was fantastic. Dave and Ben were knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys craft beer
What a unique tour! The barrel was a fun way to drive around Chicago and the breweries we stopped at our something you would not find on your own. They stop at different breweries each trip. I highly recommend this trip!
excellent time on barrel bus. David Rocks!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Destinations specialist!.
Product code: COOL-30616P2