Kona-Kohala Coast Sunset Sail by Catamaran from Waikoloa
Explore the Waikoloa and Kohala-Kona coastline aboard The Spirit of Aloha, a 54-foot sailing catamaran. Catch the moment the sun slips below the horizon. You may even see the green flash. Board from Anaehoomalu Bay (A-Bay) to sail, enjoy and relax. The custom-designed sunset-orange and maile lei sail is a stunning contrast to the azure Pacific as it sails along the blue Pacific ocean. Bask in the romance and relaxation of a stunning Kona-Kohala sunset cruise. Snacks and beverages served aboard. Unlimited non-alcohol beverages. Two free bar drink tickets per adult.
When boarding at A-Bay, it is a beach-loading process with transfer from a tender-boat, with barefoot entry that takes a few steps into the seawater from the beach. Come in casual clothing that may come in contact with water.
Beach check in at 4:15pm
Stop At: Anaehoomalu, 69-275 Waikoloa Beach Dr, Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Slip off your shoes board from Anaehoomalu Bay to sail, enjoy and relax. Board a 53-foot-long (16-meter) power catamaran that holds a maximum of 49 guests. (Your shoes will be stored safely during this barefoot cruise.) Beach check in at 4:15pm.
Once the boat sets sail, use your two provided drink tickets to order cocktails, beer or a selection of white wines from the bar. Enjoy unlimited nonalcoholic beverages, and purchase additional beer and mixed drinks available at a discount, if you wish.
The boat pauses here so you can bask in the sunset glow over the sea and look for the elusive ‘green flash’ on the horizon before returning to Anaehoomalu Bay (A-Bay)
Take a twenty-minute coastal walk from Hilton Waikoloa Village to Anaeho'omalu Bay, a popular salt and pepper sand beach with a coconut grove of swaying palms and shade from the Pacific sun.
Summer Sunset Sailing times: 5:30pm -7pm
Winter Sunset Sailing times: 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time:
Confirm time with the local provider in advance of your experience.
Kona-Kohala Coast Sunset Sail by Catamaran
9/9/2022 - 12/31/2024
Monday - Sunday : 04:15 PM - 06:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Dry Snacks
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Minimum age is 21 years to consume alcohol
- Subject to favorable weather conditions; if canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This is a barefoot cruise; your shoes will be kept at the pier while you're on the boat
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Meet at 4:15pm at Anaehoomalu Bay on the beach at the Hawaii Nautical orange sign
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.76 out of 5 stars based on 248 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought