Glass-bottom Boat Reef Tour
Discover the beauty of Kona's underwater world aboard Marian, a 36-foot (10-meter), custom-designed glass-bottom boat. Your expert naturalist guide provides insight to the world of corals and colorful tropical fish. View Kona's coastline, mountains, historical sights, and maybe even spot frolicking dolphins or seasonal whales. This 50-minute tour is a must for all ages, from kids to avid divers and snorkelers eager to learn more about Hawaii's unique marine life. Bring along your camera and wear comfortable clothing and footwear. Sit back and relax while the boat skims over the reef, putting you within inches of the underwater world. Marian was specially designed and built for just this experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- See the underwater world without getting wet
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kona Glassbottom Boat - Kailua Bay Charter Co., Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
Our tour departs from the Kailua Pier on the Big Island of Hawaii (Hawaii Island) and will take you on a glass bottomed boat adventure in Kailua Bay. Cruise along the coastline hovering within inches of the coral reef. Enjoy a lively narration by a knowledgeable marine naturalist as you take in the beauty above and below the ocean’s surface. An eco-tour that is fun for all ages! Private Charters available!
Duration: 50 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Food and drinks, but cold water is available
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with one paying adult
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 24 people per booking
- This tour requires reconfirmation with the local supplier
- Departs from Kailua Pier, on the Big Island of Hawaii. The pier is adjacent to the Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel, 75-5660 Palani Rd., Kailua-Kona, HI. You may park in this lot.
- Tour departs midway down pier on left side. Look for blue and yellow flags on boat mast.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Located on Hawaii Island also known as the Big Island, on the Kona Side.
- You must check in at the boat on the Kailua Kona Pier 15 minutes prior to departure
- Insure you budget 10 minutes to park and walk to the boarding location.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are now optional for passengers and crew
Average 4.45 out of 5 stars based on 51 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities