Hawaiian Salt Farm Tour
Tour Hawaii Island's only Salt Farm. Recently featured on Guy Fieri's show, we are located on a beautiful 7 acre oceanfront site, in an area that was has been for salt gathering by Hawaiians for centuries and now is part of the Hawaii Ocean Science & Technology Park.
Our Chief Salt Maker brings tradition and modern technology together, she hand harvest the only salt in the world made from Deep Ocean Waters 2,200 feet below the surface.
Your guide will give you a brief overview of the history of our area, the special place salt has in Hawaiian Culture, our salt making process and the centuries-long travel through deep sea currents our ultra pristine and mineral rich water took before arriving to us here.
To finish we offer a salt tasting of our various salts, flavored and smoked.
You are welcome to stay after and enjoy our beautiful coastline; in the winter months you can frequently see whales right offshore. Or come visit our store if our tour does not fit into your schedule.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kailua-Kona, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Our Salt Farm Manager will meet you at our office and give a guided tour of our water source, salt harvesting areas, explain the salt harvesting process, our other deep ocean mineral products and finish with a salt tasting.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water - Our Deep Ocean Magnesium Mineral Water
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.95 out of 5 stars based on 19 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities