Hawaiian Salt Farm Tour Kona
Tour Hawaii Island's only Salt Farm. Recently featured on Guy Fieri's show, we are located on a beautiful 7 acre oceanfront site, in an area that was has been for salt gathering by Hawaiians for centuries and now is part of the Hawaii Ocean Science & Technology Park.
Our Chief Salt Maker brings tradition and modern technology together, she hand harvest the only salt in the world made from Deep Ocean Waters 2,200 feet below the surface.
Your guide will give you a brief overview of the history of our area, the special place salt has in Hawaiian Culture, our salt making process and the centuries-long travel through deep sea currents our ultra pristine and mineral rich water took before arriving to us here.
To finish we offer a salt tasting of our various salts, flavored and smoked.
Flowing Cold Deep Ocean Water Foot Soaks are availalbe as add on.
Or come visit our store if our tour does not fit into your schedule.
Stop At: Kailua-Kona, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii United States
Our Salt Farm Manager will meet you at our office and give a guided tour of our water source, salt harvesting areas, explain the salt harvesting process, our other deep ocean mineral products and finish with a salt tasting.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Our Deep Ocean Magnesium Mineral Water
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.94 out of 5 stars based on 236 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought