Alaska Railroad Anchorage to Seward One Way
Departing from downtown Anchorage, the Coastal Classic Train travels south along the rugged coastline of Turnagain Arm, with dramatic views of the Chugach Mountains plunging directly to the sea. At the end of Turnagain Arm, the tracks veer away from the road system into the backcountry wilderness – and what many consider to be the most scenic stretch of the Alaska Railroad, accessible only by train. Watch for views of massive glaciers, steep river canyons, and cascading waterfalls. The train arrives to Seward at 1115 am, allowing plenty of time to explore this charming port town – or opt to take a marine wildlife & glacier day cruise into the nearby Kenai Fjords.
Take a train ride to the port town of Seward from Anchorage on the Alaska Railroad! You will not be disappointed by the stunning vistas on your relaxing 4-hour journey down to Seward. The large picture windows and open vestibules on the train provide excellent photo-taking opportunities along the journey, and local guides share the stories behind the sights along the way. There are many local highlights and excursions you can see and do in Seward.
• Depart Anchorage Depot at 6:45 am
• Arrive Seward Depot at 11:15 am
• Onboard narration included on train
• Onboard dining available for purchase on train
• Explore Seward on your own. Optional tours or cruises (sold separately) to explore Seward and/or the Kenai Fjords. Advance booking recommended.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:45 AM
- Return Details: Seward, AK 99664, USA
- One-way rail transportation from Anchorage to Seward
- Comfortable reserved seating
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration throughout rail journey
- Optional dining and snack bar available for purchase
- Accommodation, tours and/or activities in Seward
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Passenger Information and Resources page: https://www.alaskarailroad.com/passenger-information
Average 4.58 out of 5 stars based on 12 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
This was an amazing train ride! We rode from Anchorage to Seward, one way! The views unbelievable awesome.
A train ride seeing the most beautiful areas of Alaska, well worth it! Amazing views of glaciers and wildlife alike then a stop in Seward, AK where you can go on a boat excursions
This has to be the best way to get to Seward to begin your Alaskan Cruise adventure! We stayed in Anchorage for 2 days before getting on the Alaskan Railroad for this once in a lifetime, one-way trip from Anchorage to Seward. The ride was smooth, the visibility was excellent and our operators provided informative narration throughout this 4 hour journey. We were told not to miss this trip and it did not disappoint!
The railroad experience was informative and the sights were breathtaking! The check-in process was well organized given the high volume of passengers. The windows were extremely large and the seats were very comfortable.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities