Clear Kayak Tour of Shell Key Preserve and Tampa Bay Area
Our tours are done in CRYSTAL CLEAR KAYAKS! Clear kayaking allows you to have an immersive perspective on the unique wildlife and nature we have here in Florida - its the best window seat to the waters of Tampa Bay!
Our eco-guided Shell Key Preserve kayak tour has several picturesque stops along the way where you will hear a bit about local wildlife, marine life, and plant life! Along this paddle be on the lookout for manatee, dolphin, pelicans, starfish, conch, and other local marine life! You will even have the opportunity to get up close to Florida’s natural mangroves and to hop out along a sandy shoreline or sandbar based on the tide!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shell Key, Florida, USA
We'll get you checked in right when you arrive to allow for the most possible time on the water! Once you're all checked in, we'll give some basic paddle instructions and information about the tour ahead. We'll get you loaded up into your clear kayak and off we go! The paddle will last about 2 to 2.5 hours depending on the speed of our group and any wildlife we may see along the way. We will be sure to take plenty of pictures and give some awesome unique facts about the area on our several picturesque stopping points!
There will even be a couple chances for you to get out and explore Florida's unique marine habitats! The first half of the paddle will be along side of the beautiful mangroves with our first stop being a mangrove tunnel (tide permitting), the second half will be a paddle across the blue waters to Shell Key where we will take time to enjoy the pristine sandbars and beach, finally we will paddle along the wildlife sanctuary to catch a glimpse of some native coastal birds! Be ready for lots of great local nature and wildlife along the way!
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Equipment including tandem kayaks, paddles, seats, and dry bags
- Safety equipment including lifejackets and whistles
- Bottled water - While we have bottles available, we HIGHLY encourage guests to bring REUSABLE water bottles!
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- For your safety, we have a weight limit of 250 lbs per guest, and a combined limit of 425 lbs for two people in a tandem kayak
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.99 out of 5 stars based on 184 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities