St. Augustine's Not Just A Chocolate Tour
Chocolate. Pralines. Do we need to say more?! Have a sweet time winding your way through historic downtown on our Not Just a St Augustine Chocolate Tour. Discover some of St. Augustine’s best unique sweets and chocolates while learning about what makes these treats so addicting! Each of our tours is as much about local history as it is about chocolate. Our local guides have gone to great lengths to understand the areas we take you to so we can share some of its fascinating stories. With personable guides and small groups, it should always feel like having a friend in St. Augustine.
A variety of samplings will be provided along with extra to take home and enjoy later.
To keep your sweet buzz going, we provide a thermal bag and extra take home goodies we sampled on tour to enjoy later.
Pass By: Government House Museum, 48 King St, St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Government House dominates the west end of the Town Plaza, a unique Spanish land use component lying within a National Historic Landmark District. Along coasts, plazas were to begin at the waterfront - to see and to be seen. Since 1598, a government building has stood on this site with a view of the harbor landing, accommodating administrative headquarters and residences of colonial governors appointed by the Crowns of Spain, then Britain, then Spain again. After Spain ceded Florida to the United States in 1821, this current Government House served as a courthouse and briefly as a Capitol of the new Territory of Florida.
Pass By: Plaza de la Constitucion, 1 Cathedral Pl, St George Street between King Street and Cathedral Place, St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Historic park in the center of downtown St. Augustine. The original city plan was built out from this location. It is bordered by The Government House, the Cathedral Basilica, and the Bridge of Lions and Matanzas Bay. Spain's 1573 Law of the Indies, Leyes de los Indies, specified that colonial town plans set aside such a plaza for government, church and public use. Along coasts, plazas were to begin at the waterfront - to see and to be seen.
Pass By: Flagler College, 74 King St, St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Housed in the former Ponce de Leon Hotel that was built by Henry Flagler in 1888.
Stop At: St. George Street, St. George St, St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Visit some of our favorite vendors and discover the history of St. Augustine's most famous street.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine, 38 Cathedral Pl, St. Augustine, Florida 32084
The Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine is a historic cathedral in St. Augustine, Florida, and the seat of the Catholic Bishop of St. Augustine. Constructed over five years (1793–1797), it was designated a U.S. National Historic Landmark on April 15, 1970. Its congregation, established in 1565, is the oldest Christian congregation in the contiguous United States.
Pass By: St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine, 41 Saint George St, St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Just steps from St. Augustine’s historic city gates at St. George Street, the St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine, an institution of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, is dedicated to the first colony of Greek people who came to America in 1768.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:30 AM
- Return Details:
Plaza de la Constitución, 170 St George St, St. Augustine, FL 32084, USA
- Bottled water
- Tastes at each location plus something to bring home with you!
- Coffee or Tea to begin your tour at the first location.
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- We can only accommodate nut free options on the Not Just a Chocolate Tour. We cannot accommodate vegan, kosher, dairy allergies, sugar free or gluten-free restrictions.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.98 out of 5 stars based on 167 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities