Private Mt Rainier National Park Day Trip from Seattle
Escape the hustle and bustle of Seattle and enjoy a day of breathtaking scenery at Mt Rainier National Park. On this private Mt Rainier tour, take a scenic drive through the old-growth evergreen forests of America's fifth-oldest national park, affording views of sparkling lakes, flower meadows, massive glaciers and sweeping alpine vistas. Visit Narada Falls, Reflection Lake and Inspiration point, and stop along the way to view wildlife and take photos. Learn about the park's history at the Paradise Jackson Visitor Center and Longmire Visitor Center and Museum, and bring a picnic lunch to enjoy amidst the scenery.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Fully narrated tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Rainier National Park, WA 98304
The tour will depend on the season and weather conditions but will always consist of Rainforest, old growth trees, natural formations of the park, Waterfalls, historic features and buildings, The volcano, other peaks, Lakes, Rivers and wildlife.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Longmire Museum, Tahoma Woods, Star Route, Longmire, Mount Rainier National Park, WA 98304
the museum is a small and its content deals with native Americans and native animals. There is a park ranger on duty.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Christine Falls Viewpoint, Paradise Road, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
a stair step waterfall framed nicely by a stone bridge.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Paradise Valley, Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
spend time at this visitor's center for hikes, snowshoeing, film, food, spectacular views
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Reflection Lakes, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
When there is no breeze the lakes act like a mirror and provide a reflection of the Mountain and provides photos that look unreal because of the ethereal beauty.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Narada Falls, Paradise Rd, Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
named after an Indian God, the waterfall has a beutifull and mysterious look to it. It is one of the most scenic things to see in the park.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Trail of the Shadows, Across The Road From The National Park Inn At Longmire, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
hike a .7 mile loop trail featuring small bubbling springs, history, medicinal plants, 2nd growth forests
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.1/2/2022 - 12/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off in the greater Seattle area
- Entry/Admission - Mount Rainier
- Entry/Admission - Longmire Museum
- Entry/Admission - Paradise Valley
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- As of 3/12/22, King County mask mandate and proof of vaccination requirement was dropped. We ask that if you have any Covid related symptoms or any exposure to someone with Covid, notify us as soon as possible.
Average 4.89 out of 5 stars based on 9 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our group had a great time on this tour! At first, 10 hours sounded like a long time, but it was well worth every minute, never boring, never rushed. We headed out of Seattle in a downpour, but as we progressed the rain stopped and we were blessed with a pleasantly sunny day. There were some clouds, but as they passed across the mountain top, "the mountain was out" and we were able to get some great photos. There were plenty of stops along the way, different waterfalls and vantage points, to see marmots, at Reflection Lake, and even to take a short hike. We picked up lunch and snacks at a supermarket along the way, so we were ready for lunch when we reached the Jackson Visitor Center. Here, we also had free time with the option of hiking another trail toward the top of the mountain or to another waterfall area. These were steeper hikes, so our group split and some stayed near the visitor center and gift shop. Mark, our guide, was friendly and knowledgeable, and even took photos of our group at some of the stops. We all had a great day and would highly recommend this tour!
Our guide for the tour was Daniella. I hope I am spelling her name correctly. She was wonderful. We had our 92 year old father with us. She did everything to accommodate his special needs. We took extra restroom breaks and were dropped off as close as possible at all stops. She was also a wealth of knowledge. All four members of our family thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Virginia
Don was an excellent tour guide who knew exactly what spots to take us to in order to get the maximum enjoyment from our tour. Don was quite knowledgable and friendly and made the whole day an experience we will not soon forget. Well worth the price to get a private tour as we did not have to stop at eveyone's hotel and did not have to go with the public tour timeline.
Our tour to Mt. Ranier was so awesome. The tour guide I think his name was Joe, an older gentleman that was very kind and informative was great!! Thanks so much for such a wonderful experience! We are looking forward to doing this again, only this time, maybe we can get further up the mountain.
This was the first tour of our holiday in the USA and Canada June 2014. It certainly was one of the best. Our tour guide John King picked us up from our hotel on time. He was very informative and knowledgeable about the area. Mt Rainier National park was excellent! our guide made it better. He was funny, witty and kept us engaged throughout the trip. We learned a lot about the great Mt Rainier and were fascinated with it's facts.
i would highly recommend this tour.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities