Beneath The Streets Underground History Tour
Go underground on a 1-hour walking history tour through Seattle's original neighborhood. Our experienced guides lead small groups through, and beneath, Pioneer Square to the street level that existed in the 1890s. Explore underground pathways that were built more than 120 years ago, learning details on early Seattle history, why these spaces were built, and how they have been used (and misused) over the years. Marvel at how this once Indian encampment has since transformed into one of the 20 largest cities in the United States.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Beneath the Streets, 102 Cherry St, Seattle, WA 98104-2206
Beneath the Streets focuses on factual, historical information that details the birth of our city, 1890’s architecture, and several other stories including the Klondike Gold Rush, Skid Row, and the Coast Salish Peoples that first inhabited the area. Our tour guides participate in workshops on cultural traditions and history with special guest historians and Native Tribal members as continual professional development.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pioneer Square, Yesler Street & 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
We cover four city blocks of historic
Pioneer Square and explore three
underground passageways originally constructed in the 1890's. You'll see and hear the history of the neighborhood from both the original and current street levels.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: 119 South Main St, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
- Professional guide
- Disposable masks available for purchase at $1.00 each for guests unable to provide their own mask
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
Average 4.58 out of 5 stars based on 1370 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities