Beneath The Streets Underground History Tour
Go underground on a 1-hour walking history tour through Seattle's original neighborhood. Our experienced guides lead small groups through, and beneath, Pioneer Square to the street level that existed in the 1890s. Explore underground pathways that were built more than 120 years ago, learning details on early Seattle history, why these spaces were built, and how they have been used (and misused) over the years. Marvel at how this once Indian encampment has since transformed into one of the 20 largest cities in the United States.
Stop At: Beneath the Streets, 102 Cherry St, Seattle, Washington 98104
Beneath the Streets focuses on factual, historical information that details the birth of our city, 1890’s architecture, and several other stories including the Klondike Gold Rush, Skid Row, and the Coast Salish Peoples that first inhabited the area. Our tour guides participate in workshops on cultural traditions and history with special guest historians and Native Tribal members as continual professional development.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pioneer Square, Yesler Street & 1st Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98104
We cover four city blocks of historic
Pioneer Square and explore three
underground passageways originally constructed in the 1890's. You'll see and hear the history of the neighborhood from both the original and current street levels.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details:
119 South Main St, 119 South Main St, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Operates rain or shine, please dress appropriately
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.68 out of 5 stars based on 5165 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought