Mount Rainier National Park Luxury Small-Group Day Tour with Lunch
Explore pristine alpine meadows, wander through magical old growth forests, and watch roaring glacial waterfalls crash into rugged canyons on this small group day tour to Mount Rainier National Park. The snowcapped peak, encased in over 35 square miles (91 km²) of ice year-round, is endearingly referred to locally as “The Mountain” and is a must-visit Seattle day trip. Throughout the day, you'll enjoy meaningful commentary on the history, culture, and geology of the region from an expert local guide. The tour includes a gourmet lunch, park admission, and pick-up/drop-off at your Seattle hotel in our luxury Mercedes van.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yonder Sky, Seattle, WA
Our day starts with front door pickup at your downtown Seattle or Seatac hotel or vacation rental in our luxury Mercedes van. On the way to the park, we'll stop to enjoy coffee, tea, juice, and fresh baked pastries from our favorite Seattle bakery.
Stop At: Longmire, Longmire, Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
We’ll start our day at Longmire, the site of the first park headquarters and designated as a National Historic District. Here we’ll learn about the history of the Mount Rainier area, including early homesteaders, pre-National Park tourism, and the mountain’s time as America’s fifth National Park. Trails around Longmire showcase this long history and include beautiful old growth forest.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Narada Falls, Paradise Rd, Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
This 176 foot tall waterfall is well worth the short walk!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Paradise, Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
Famous for its gorgeous wildflower meadows, Paradise is a clear highlight of the park. Weaving paths through this alpine environment offer fantastic views of Mt. Rainier, which towers above the wildflower-filled meadows. We’ll take a one-mile (1.6 km) guided walk to Myrtle Falls, a 72 ft (22 m) waterfall tumbling into a rugged gorge in the shadow of the peak.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Paradise Valley, Paradise, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
Your guide prepares a gourmet family-style lunch served with a selection of local beverages.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Reflection Lakes, Washington 98361, USA
Capture the perfect picture of Mount Rainier over this gorgeous alpine lake.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Box Canyon Loop, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
Imagine the powerful geological forces at work as you watch water rush through this deep slot canyon.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Grove of the Patriarchs, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
We’ll walk amongst giants at the Grove of the Patriarchs. This area contains some of the most spectacular old growth forest along the banks of the Ohanapecosh River. A lovely optional 2-mile (3.2 km) guided nature walk leads to some of the largest trees in the park.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Small group experience (maximum 7 guests)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in our luxury Mercedes van
- Gourmet lunch with a selection of local beverages
- Complimentary coffee, water, and snacks
- Professional local guide
- Guided nature walks
- All physical abilities welcome
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Narada Falls
- Entry/Admission - Paradise Valley
- Entry/Admission - Box Canyon Loop
- Entry/Admission - Grove of the Patriarchs
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Ages 8 and older welcome
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- VACCINATION REQUIRED FOR ALL TRAVELERS 12+: All guests ages 12+ must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least 2 weeks beyond the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Please see yonderskytours.com/covid-19-response/ for more information.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 10 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Matt was a fantastic tour guide and made sure we saw as much of the park as possible. Definitely worth the money!
Wonderful experience, first visit to Seattle and Mt Rainier! Matthew was a superb guide throughout! Lunch excellent! Highly recommend Yonder Sky
The trip was more than we expected....Daniel our guide was WONDERFUL!!!! He knew exactly what would be of interest to the group, stopping often and not in any hurry...Taking a small tour was the best money spent. Great company to go with. Thank you Daniel and Yonder Sky for making our trip a trip to remember.
Linda and Richard
What a great trip to see this magnificent mountain! Our guide was Daniel and very informative, helpful and full of information!
We had a great time on this tour. It was what the title of the tour says: Luxury. Everything was perfect from the amount of time spent at each location, the number of rest stops along the way, Daniel the tour guide who has outstanding customer service skills, the very upscale van that made the ride very pleasant, and the no kidding gourmet lunch that included real china plates, wine, grilled chicken breast, pasta salad, fresh italian that he purchased that morning, grilled vegetables, and more. Iit really was outstanding and above and beyond what we expected. Daniel provided an outstanding tour and a prefect day for visiting one of our beautiful National Parks. I highly recommend it if you are in the Seattle area.
Daniel was a great tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about Mt Rainier and surrounding area. I would highly recommend his company.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities