Best of Mount Rainier National Park from Seattle: All-Inclusive Small-Group Tour
What makes our tours most unique is that no two are the same! Our guides craft itineraries that reflect the best of what the Park has to offer that day, including group interests and dynamics.
Experience Mount Rainier's highlights on a day tailored to you. Our Cool Destinations "Hall of Fame" guides run the only day tours permitted to explore more than a mile from the park road as the National Park is ecologically important & delicate. The U.S. Park Service restricts other tour companies - our competitors offer "road tours." We're lovely & professional nature educators (not just bus drivers) that have dedicated our lives to artful travel.
Our all-inclusive small-group day trip is limited to just 10 travelers. Sleep in a little - we'll bring coffee, pastries, and tea. Don't waste daylight waiting in line at a busy lunch counter or concession stand - we'll bring a local, organic, family-style lunch. We’ll bring snacks, water, and sparkling water for the day. Don’t worry about a thing.
Stop At: Mount Rainier National Park, 39000 State Rt 706 E, Ashford, Washington
Stroll through the old-growth forests near Longmire and experience waterfalls and big mountain views as you wind to higher elevations.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Christine Falls Viewpoint, Paradise Road, Washington
Short walk to a postcard view of Christine Falls.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Narada Falls, Paradise Rd, Paradise, Washington
Several waterfalls are accessible by foot along the route up the mountain! Narada Falls is one of our favorites.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Paradise Valley, Paradise, Washington
In the summer, pick wild berries on a sub-alpine hiking trail. In the winter, take advantage of Paradise’s legendary snowfall (and the winter solitude) on an introductory snowshoe trail.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center, Paradise Rd E, Paradise, Washington 98304
Paradise is home to a world-class visitor's center with interpretive information on the National Park.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Reflection Lakes, Reflection Lakes, Washington 98361, USA
Postcard views of Mount Rainier over the mirror-like lake.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Longmire Springs, Longmire, Washington
Bubbling springs, massive old-growth spruce trees, walking trails, a museum, and restrooms.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Trail of the Shadows, Across The Road From The National Park Inn At Longmire, Washington
Giant old-growth spruce trees clustered around bubbling mineral springs and views of Mt. Rainier's peak.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 10 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 08:00 AM
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Additional warm clothing available upon request.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your downtown Seattle hotel!
- Transportation in a new Ford Transit van
- Lots of snacks, sparkling water, and water provided.
- We're legally permitted to explore & walk beyond 1 mile from the main road. Other companies can't.
- Lovely guided walks or snowshoe (winter) treks tailored to your group. Spend lots of time outside.
- A beautiful local & organic lunch! We'll find a quiet spot outside (weather permitting) for a picnic and big views of the mountain!
- Award-winning local naturalist guide!
- Morning local coffee, tea with local pastries
- Use of snowshoes and poles (during winter months).
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Please wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking. Waterproof shoes recommended October-June
- Warm clothing is recommended during winter months (jacket, sturdy shoes, hat, gloves, layers)
- Note: Severe winter weather (rare) may result in road closures and other unpredictable changes to the itinerary - our talented guides adjust accordingly.
- This tour isn't recommended for children under 10 years old.
- If you have dietary restrictions, please inform us at least 48 hours before your tour departure
- This is a sample itinerary - depending on the season, we may visit other sections of the Park entirely.
- Masks are worn at all times in the vehicle.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 341 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities