Kayak Tour through Mangrove Tunnels
The Lido Mangrove tunnels are such a special and unique ecosystem. Our guides will make sure you are confident on the water and will give tips to improve your paddling and the experience. During the tour, our guides will point out the wildlife and will do their best to find manatees and dolphins for the group to see.
The tour starts at Ted Sperling park and from the launch we begin our adventure. We start by paddling on Sarasota Bay. This shallow water bay is a great place to practice using the equipment and getting some pointers from the guides. Our tour takes us to the canals in front of the mansions on Lido Key and though they are beautiful to look at, our real goal is to spot dolphins and manatees that frequent the area. Keep your eye open for ospreys, bald eagles and cormorants--all of which are often hunting for fish. The highlight of the tour is a paddle through the windy tunnels carved into the mangroves. This unique ecosystem is home to birds, fish, seastars and crabs. Your guide will take you through the maze of mangrove tunnels, pointing out wildlife as you go. At the end of the tour, your guide will take you back to the original launch site.
Sarasota, Sarasota, Florida
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Double Kayak
- Safety Equipment (Life Jackets, Leashes)
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.95 out of 5 stars based on 499 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities