Yosemite National Park - Full Day Tour from San Francisco
Experience the majesty of Yosemite National Park and join us as we take you on an unforgettable journey into the heart of Yosemite Valley. Travel in comfort on our luxury coach bus as we depart from San Francisco on this full day trip. Upon arrival, enjoy a one-hour scenic drive through the park, complete with photo opportunities at some of Yosemite Valley's most famous viewpoints; Tunnel View, Bridalveil Falls, El Capitan & Half-Dome. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy three hours of free time in Yosemite Valley, which offers various lunch opportunities, hiking trails, bike rentals, and museums.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Financial District, Financial District, San Francisco, California
Start your tour from San Francisco downtown, surrounded by skyscrapers that dominate the skyline (Transamerica Pyramid, Salesforce Tower), there is a wealth of tech businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
Pass By: San Francisco Bay Bridge, Highway 80 West, San Francisco, CA 94105
Known as the Bay Bridge (or "the other bridge"), it is a complex of bridges spanning the San Francisco Bay. This double-decker bridged services an estimated 260,000 vehicles per day, connects San Francisco and Oakland cities as a part of the Interstate 80.
Stop At: Oakdale, Oakdale, California
You'll pass through the Central Valley to have a taste of California's most productive agricultural region, providing more than half of the vegetables and fruits grown in the US. We will make a quick stop at Oakdale to purchase your supplies for the day: water, snacks, food for hiking, or your whole picnic.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
Upon entering the National Park, the guide will commence with the 1-hour long bus tour of Yosemite National Park exploring one of the most visually stunning places on earth.
Your tour will include stops at Tunnel View, Bridalveil Falls, el Capitan, Half Dome, and Yosemite Valley.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Tunnel View, Wawona Road, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
A visit to Yosemite would never be complete without a picture from the Tunnel View. It is a scenic viewpoint along State Route 41 in Yosemite National Park. Eastward views of Yosemite Valley include surrounding features, such as the southwest face of El Capitan, Half Dome, and Bridalveil Falls.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park, CA
Your next stop will discover one of the most prominent waterfalls in Yosemite Valley: Bridalveil Fall. The waterfall is 617-feet tall and flows all year round. You will have 15' to walk close to the falls and take pictures that you'll never forget.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Yosemite Valley, 9035 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
Once we reach the drop-off location at the heart of the Yosemite Valley, you'll have around 3 hours of free time to explore the park on your own.
Don't know what exactly to do? Ask our guide for the best spots around. You'll have options to hike the paved trails, rent a bike to cover more ground, visit the visitor's center for international exhibits or head to the Ansel Adams Gallery to see works of the legendary artist.
Although you may spend days in the park, the three hours you get on your own gives you enough time to understand why Yosemite is a World Heritage Site.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ansel Adams Gallery, 9031 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
During your free time in Yosemite Valley, you can opt to head to Ansel Adams Gallery to see works of the legendary artist.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Lower Yosemite Fall Trail, Yosemite National Park, CA
Delight in stunning views of Yosemite Falls in its entirety, with the opportunity to walk to the base of the lower fall; it roars in spring but falls silent by late summer. The trail to Lower Yosemite Fall is open year-round. When the water is at its peak in spring and early summer, you can expect to get a little wet.
Pass By: Valley Visitor Center, 9035 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
Located in the Yosemite Valley, the Valley Visitor Center is the place you must visit if you are looking for books, postcards, or maps about Yosemite. It is open all year round, and the staff is always happy to assist with any of your questions.
Pass By: Sentinel bridge, Sentinel dr, Yosemite National Park, CA
Located on the eastern side of Yosemite Valley, on Sentinel Drive, near Cook's Meadow, can be accessed at shuttle stop 11. This location is famous for providing a breathtaking view of Half Dome and its mirrored reflection in the Merced River, especially during the alpenglow.
Stop At: El Capitan, Yosemite National Park, CA
After lunch and your free time, we'll pay a visit to the grasslands in front of El Capitan giving you the chance to look for climbers on the granite wall and get your last photo memory of this unforgettable day in Yosemite.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389
During our Yosemite Valley stop, make sure you save some time to hike or bike around Yosemite Falls base. The effort is well worth the amazing views you will be rewarded at the base; you will be standing in front of the 4th tallest waterfalls in the world!
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 14 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 06:20 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Transport by air-conditioned luxury motor-coach
- Driver-guide and commentary in English
- Yosemite National Park entrance fees
- Guided bus tour of Yosemite Valley and free time in Yosemite Valley
- Choose from two departure locations in San Francisco: Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- Entry/Admission - Tunnel View
- Entry/Admission - Bridalveil Falls
- Entry/Admission - Yosemite Valley
- Entry/Admission - El Capitan
- Entry/Admission - Yosemite Falls
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- The Yosemite tour takes all day. We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and bring a pillow to sleep on the drive back.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.14 out of 5 stars based on 511 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities