Painted Ladies Wine Country Tour
Spend your day tasting some delicious wines as we make our way through the beautiful Sonoma Valley in one of our Vintage VW buses! We will visit 3 award winning wineries. Each winery has been carefully selected for its unique character, knowledgeable and friendly staff, lovely ambiance and off course their delicious wines.You will also have the unique experience of touring a wine cave at one of the most scenic wineries in all of Sonoma/Napa. We will then make a stop at an Italian winery to enjoy lunch. You will have the chance to taste artisan cheeses, Salami, fresh deli and green salads, pizza, including vegetarian and gluten free options, as well as wine by the glass! At the second winery, you will be dazzled with a broad selection of award winning wines. Followed by another small production winery focused on Rhone varietals and techniques. We will top it of with a nice little surprise:-))
We will visit three award winning wineries and sample their offerings. All of the tasting fees are included. Each winery has been carefully selected for it's unique character, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and of course, their delicious wines. You will also have the unique experience of touring a wine cave at one of the most scenic wineries in all of Napa and Sonoma. (Cave availability limited during harvest)
This cave tour will give you more insight into the wine making process and provide history about one of the oldest family run wineries in the area. We will then make a stop at an Italian family owned winery and stop for lunch, where you will have the chance to taste artisanal cheeses, imported salami, fresh local breads, Panini Sandwiches, fresh deli, green salads, pizza, flatbread, anti pasta, including vegetarian and gluten free options, as well as wine by the glass!
At the second winery you will be dazzled by the selection of award winning wines as well as enjoy a barrel tasting, followed up by another small production winery focused on Rhone veritals and techniques, we will also have a little surprise for you as well!
• Cline Cellars
• Benziger Family Winery
Our vintage buses, Pearl, Poppy, & Skye have been thoroughly restored and updated with modern amenities to provide a safe and unique opportunity to see the sights of San Francisco. Since they only seats 6-7 people, Pearl, Poppy & Skye can go many places that larger tour buses have been banned from or just cannot access, including Alamo Square (Painted Ladies), Lombard Street, and even those narrow alleys with beautiful murals in the Mission!
Painted Ladies Tour Company is a small family business, so Josh and his team take great pride in making sure guests feel well taken care of and have an awesome experience. Josh’s wife, Virgine, runs our front office to answer any questions or emails you might have prior to booking.
Painted Ladies Tour Company is fully licensed through the California Public Utilities Commission PSG 0034808 as a Charter and Sightseeing company.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 427 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
2: 1300 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups around Union Square are between 8:30-8:45 and pickups in the Fishermans Wharf area are between 8:45-9:00. Please provide the number you can be reached at so that our guides can call you and give you an exact ETA. If your hotel is not listed, please meet us at 427 Post St. (Union Square pickup) or 1300 Columbus Ave (Fishermans Wharf pickup)
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Tasting Fees
- Professional Guide
- Small group tour
- Bottled water
- San Francisco History and the Bay area
- Photo ops at Golden Gate Bridge (if weather permits)
- Light Snacks
- Cost of lunch- Usually averages between $10-20
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum number of 2 people applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Recommended tip amount : $20-25 per person (tips make up a large chunk of our tour guide income in the US) Thank you for being considerate as we would like to give you a Professional tour guide.
- If you prefer to eat lunch at the Sonoma Plaza- please let us know. We might be able to make that happen. Depending on the group consensus.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Note that each vehicle seats up to 7 people total. We can still accommodate larger groups seated in separate vehicles.
- COVID-19: A plexiglass partition has been installed between the driver and passengers. The touch points on our buses will be fully disinfected between and during tours.
- Anyone showing symptoms of COVID 19, including fever, cough or shortness of breath won’t be able to participate.
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask while inside the bus. We will have extra masks for purchase in case you have forgotten yours. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.84 out of 5 stars based on 32 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-75013P3
Similar Tours & Activities