GoCar San Francisco Tour
It's the most exhilarating, entertaining and enlightening way to see San Francisco - the first-ever GPS-guided storytelling car! The clever talking car navigates for you and points out the sights that bring San Francisco to life. Experience what the press is buzzing about, what visitors rave about and what Time Magazine has nominated "as one of the coolest inventions of the year".
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
The Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina District of San Francisco, California, is a monumental structure originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there. One of only a few surviving structures from the Exposition, it is still situated on its original site. In addition to hosting art exhibitions, it remains a popular attraction for tourists and locals.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Certainly the most-photographed bridge in the world, the Golden Gate Bridge is synonymous with San Francisco. Drive up to the viewing area, or the foot of the bridge at Fort Point, to take pictures. You can take even better pictures at Baker Beach, a few minutes drive past the bridge!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: 1070 Lombard Street between Jones St and Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109
Nothing beats zooming down Lombard Street, San Francisco's "Crookedest Street" in your GoCar at the end of your tour. This is a great way to experience one of San Francisco's most iconic streets.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Drive through San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf, passing the bustling Crab Shacks, Bakeries and Curio Shops on your way to Golden Gate Bridge. Don't forget to wave to the other visitors!
Stop At: Ocean Beach, Fulton St & Great Hwy Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, CA 94121
Look for sand dollars in the fog and take photos of Seal Rock as it juts out of the Pacific Ocean at Ocean Beach.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Presidio of San Francisco, 210 Lincoln Boulevard on the Presidio's Main Post, San Francisco, CA 94129
Some of the most beautiful views of San Francisco Bay are in the Presidio, a decommissioned military base that boasts beautiful architecture, a War Memorial, the Disney Museum and even a bowling alley! This area is just a 15 minute drive from Fisherman's Wharf, but feels like another world!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Fort Point National Historic Site, Long Ave & Marine Dr Building 999, San Francisco, CA 94129
At the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point is both an excellent photo spot for the bridge and a fascinating monument to Gold Rush -era San Francisco.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Crissy Field is where San Franciscan's exercise and play. Wave to runners, soccer players and dog walkers as you zoom past beautiful views of the Bay on your way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Stop At: Golden Gate Park, 501 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117-1898
A natural and cultural center, Golden Gate Park spans almost half the length of San Francisco, and is home to the Conservatory of Flowers, California Academy of Sciences, deYoung Museum, Japanese Tea Garden, Stow Lake and the Buffalo Paddock.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Legion of Honor, 100 34th Ave Lincoln Park, San Francisco, CA 94121-1677
View the Rodin Sculpture "The Thinker" outside the beautiful Legion f Honor Museum.
Stop At: Sutro Baths, Point Lobos, San Francisco, CA
Sutro Baths are all that remains of what was once a popular SF natatorium that was destroyed in a fire. A hauntingly beautiful spot to view the North Pacific Ocean.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Rental of GPS touring car
- Rider orientation
- Tank of gas
- 8.75% environmental fee for carbon offset, gasoline and tire recycling
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), approximately $19
- Entry/Admission - Fort Point National Historic Site
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- GoCars hold a maximum of 2 people. Prices are per GoCar - not per person.
- Pickup location must be chosen at time of booking. This is the location where your GoCar will be reserved
- Driver must be 21 years or older to rent and must provide a major credit card and valid driver’s license at the time of check-in. A driver’s license must be in the customer’s physical possession (no photocopy). For foreign customer’s, an international license is not necessary.
- Passengers must be 4 years of age or older - and small children must safely fit into one of our DOT approved helmets. The GoCar is registered as a motorcycle - but a motorcycle license is not required to operate the vehicle.
- All renters must be able to read, understand and sign a liability release and waiver form (standard participant agreement)
- On the day of rental, a $500 security deposit will be held on the customer’s credit card. If a CDW or SLI insurance plan is selected, a $150 security deposit will be held. The security deposit is released when the GoCar is returned.
- Foreign language options are available in French, Spanish, Italian and German
- For the safety and comfort of passengers the maximum height is 6'4" (1.9m) and maximum combined weight of 500 lbs (226.8 kg) for two passengers
- Can you stop along the way?
- Yes, you set your own pace. The car always knows where you are and you can park anywhere you want (motorcycle parking or car parking) for as long as you want, and as soon as you start to drive again, the car will begin to talk!
- Do you have to stay on the tour?
- Absolutely not! If there is a San Francisco sight you wish to see but is not yet included on the tour, just use the map provided to navigate your own way through the city streets.
- Are controlled with a motorcycle-style handle, throttle, and hand brakes. The 3-wheeled cars seat two and have a lockable trunk for your things. Their small size makes parking a breeze, and in San Francisco - a major bonus!
- How fast does the car go?
- Up to 35-mph. Note that drivers in San Francisco do not typically drive fast, therefore an average speed of 30-mph or less can be expected while driving.
- Can you cross the Golden Gate Bridge?
- No, but the tour will navigate you to Fort Point. Here the bridge soars about 200-feet above your head. It is possible to gain pedestrian access to the bridge span from the car park at the bridge vantage point.
- What is a CDW?
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is an optional form of insurance similar to rental car insurance that limits your liability in case of accident. It is non-refundable. If you opt to purchase the CDW your deposit for rented a GoCar is only USD$150.00 instead of USD$400.00
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All our vehicles and helmets are steam-cleaned between tours. High touch areas are wiped with disinfectant wipes, and helmets are treated overnight with UV light. Hand Sanitizer and Disinfectant Wipes are available to guests at any time during the check in process.
Average 4.15 out of 5 stars based on 135 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities