Tequila, Tacos and Tombstones Culinary Tour of San Diego
The Tequila, Tacos and Tombstones Culinary Tour offers you the chance to sample some of the finest cuisine in San Diego’s Old Town! While you explore this historic district, the site of the first European settlers in California, you’ll sample delicious libations and get a taste of some of the district’s 25 restaurants. If you love authentic Mexican cuisine, or American history, Old Town won’t disappoint.
The Tequila, Tacos and Tombstones tour lets you walk on the ghoulish side of San Diego – the Old Town district, also known as the “Birthplace of California,” is one of San Diego’s most fun and interesting neighborhoods. It’s also considered by some to be haunted, so grab a friend’s hand if you get spooked while walking past El Campo Santo Cemetery and the Whaley House (officially designated as a haunted house by the US government). Old Town is also home to original adobe homes from the early 19th century.
As you’re exploring Old Town, you’ll taste authentic Mexican cuisine and enjoy small samples of tequila and cocktails, so come hungry; by the end of the tour you’ll have had the equivalent of a full meal.
A wonderful way to spend an evening in San Diego, this culinary walking tour will dazzle your taste buds, titillate your sixth sense and appeal to your sense of adventure – plus you can brush up on your California history.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Cafe Coyote, 2461 San Diego Ave, San Diego, CA 92110, USA
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Food tasting
- Drink samples
- Hotel pickup and drop off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a minimum of 4 passengers in order to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Average 4.25 out of 5 stars based on 36 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The best ever food tour that I have gone on!!! The tour guide was so informative and told us all the little secrets of Old Town San Diego. She brought us to the best eateries in town. I am a lover of Mexican food but what we were served was by far the best I've ever eaten. I was given a vegan option or fish option which didn't take away from the meal at all. We were educated by an expert on where and how Tequila is made and the history of it. The grave yard we visited was very interesting, Definitely a must do tour. Treated top class on a fine tour. Come with a big appitite because the amount of food tasted is a meal in itself.
We met Angela at our first stop. She has a great personality for this tour. She's knowledgeable, peppy, made sure we all got exactly what we were looking for on this tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Diego specialist!
Product code: COOL-5356TTT
Similar Tours & Activities