Small-Group San Diego Sunset Sailing Excursion
Set sail from San Diego on this small-group sailing tour on a sunset sail on the open ocean. This three-hour adventure on a Catalina-style sailboat is limited to 6 guests (on the small group tour, up to 12 on the private bare-boat tour), allowing you a comfortable, semi-private experience (or, grab five friends and fill up the whole boat!). Sit back, relax and enjoy the complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks as you soak in the warm sun or watch it drop into the horizon with the glistening city lights behind you. Departure times vary throughout the year. Guest must contact Sail San Diego after purchase for the exact departure time.
- Small-group tour
- Likely to Sell Out
- Instant Confirmation
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All-inclusive tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Harbor and Shelter Islands, Point Loma SanDiego, San Diego, CA
Sail San Diego's private marina is located at Shelter Island.
Stop At: Sail San Diego, 2646 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92106-3116
Whether you’re on vacation, celebrating a special occasion or just looking to take advantage of a beautiful Southern California day, this small-group sailing trip in San Diego is a great way to spend time on the water with your loved one or a group of friends. Set sail on a sunset cruise that takes you out on the Pacific to watch the sunset.
No matter which time you choose, your captain will ensure that you have the best possible time on the water. As you admire the views, enjoy the complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and snacks. If you get chilly, grab one of the provided polar-fleece jackets, blankets, hats or wind-gear. If the sun is too bright, slather on the complimentary sunscreen or don a pair of provided sunglasses. And use the provided binoculars to admire the coastline or look for wildlife! You can even bring your own music to plug into the boat’s surround-sound system.
Please note: The boat is limited to twelve (12) passengers. To make it a private adventure, book a minimum of six spaces and bring along five friends!
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Point Loma, San Diego, CA
Sail San Diego's private marina is located in the Point Loma / Shelter Island neighborhood. Your sunset sail will pass by the Point Loma lighthouse.
Pass By: Old Point Loma Lighthouse, Point Loma, San Diego, CA
See the new & old lighthouses on Point Loma during your San Diego sunset sailing tour with Sail San Diego.
Pass By: USS Midway Museum, 910 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101-5811
Our private sunset sails offer the ability to sail directly next to the USS Midway museum! Book 6 or more guests to insure a private experience for your group.
Pass By: Coronado Bridge, State Route 75 South Embarcadero, San Diego, CA 92101
Sail San Diego's sunset sails always see the Coronado Bridge. Sometimes up close, sometimes from a distance.
Pass By: Coronado Island, 1100 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118-3407
We always sail right night to Coronado Island during our sunset sails!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 2646 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92106, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 3-hour evening sailing cruise
- Complimentary beer, non alcoholic beverages and light snacks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You MUST call the local operator to confirm your departure time after booking. Departure times vary throughout the year. Guest must contact Sail San Diego after purchase for the exact departure time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.88 out of 5 stars based on 33 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Diego specialist!
Product code: COOL-5003SUNSET
Similar Tours & Activities