San Diego Zoo and Safari Park Combo Tour Ticket
With literally thousands of wild animals including many on the endangered species list, its no wonder that San Diego Zoo is world famous. With more than 4,000 animals representing 800 species, San Diego Zoo is home to a diverse collection of animals, many of which are rarely seen at other zoos. Either either spend another day at the San Diego Zoo, or receive admission to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, located about 35 miles (55 km) away from the zoo. At the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, you will be inspired by the African Serengeti and the endless expanses of the Asian plains, the 1,800-acre San Diego Zoo Safari Park offers you an exotic safari adventure unlike any other outside of Africa itself. With mobile tickets, simply scan your phone for direct entry into the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
Visit: San Diego Zoo, 2929 Zoo Drive Balboa Park, San Diego, CA 92101
The San Diego Zoo highlights California animals from the ancient past, present and future in The Harry and Grace Steele Elephant Odyssey, the newest and most unique exhibit to date! At the Elephant Odyssey, step into the fossil dig site and explore prehistoric fossil evidence, and visit the habitats of current wildlife species including elephants, a pair of lions and a jaguar! Learn about extinction causes of the mammoth and saber-toothed tiger and stop by the Pleistocene playground to find out about conservation projects at work.
Duration: 4 hours
Visit: San Diego Zoo Safari Park, 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd, Escondido, CA 92027-7017
You'll travel just about 35 miles (55 km) away from the zoo. Witness a family of giraffe mingle among the gazelles and cranes while rhinos gather at a watering hole. Observe South African cheetahs lounging on a sunny hill or gaze into the eyes of the majestic California condor. Board the Africa tram tour for a 30-minute tour past herds of elephants, zebras, and several endangered species. Venture into the dense forests and grassy savannas at the Heart of Africa, a 32 acre safari trail. Miles of walking trails lead guests to overlooks of lions, tigers and special encounters with exotic creatures. Stroll through Nairobi Village for shopping and dining. With mobile tickets, simply scan your phone for direct entry into the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
Duration: 4 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: San Diego Zoo, 2929 Zoo Drive Balboa Park, San Diego, CA 92101
- Duration: 4 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 1/1/2021 - 4/30/2021
5/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
11/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- 2-Visit Pass
- All Animal Exhibits and Shows
- Access to Children's Zoo
- Unlimited use of Kangaroo Bus
- Unlimited use of Skyfari Aerial Tram
- Unlimited use of the Guided Bus Tour
- Unlimited rides on the Africa Tram
- Entry/Admission - San Diego Zoo
- Entry/Admission - San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drink
- Parking (additional fees)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travel date for reference only - Tickets are redeemable 1 year after purchase date. Amendment not required for travel within 1 year.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available for rental at the front plaza near the entrance
- The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is approximately 40 miles from the cruise ship terminal
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Visit our website for the best times to visit and estimated wait times.
Average 4.00 out of 5 stars based on 11 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Spent while day at each place seeing all the exhibits. Worth spending time and money. Chilly in the February mornings but afternoons warmed nicely. Lots Of Walking up And Down As Both parks Were Very Hilly.
Definitely, get this combo, it was worth the price and allowed you to see both parks, but you would need a solid two days. One day for each park.
The zoo was truly amazing, unforgettable experience
A BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE
We started with the double decker bus tour at the zoo which helped with orientation. Good to see so many animals that we normally dont see. It is best to arrive at the zoo or safari at 9 AM because the animals are more active. We toured the zoo Jan. 4, and the safari Jan. 11. Be prepared for lots of walking, especially more so at the Safari. The maps are characterized so are not too easy to follow but volunteers wearing red shirts are very helpful for directions and info about the animals. Make sure to take the tram at the Safari as the driver-guides are very knowledgeable and give you an excellent explanation of the animals and characteristics.
By the time we had walked 3.5 hours and taken the tram. We were ready to exit the place which is difficult to find as the main exit lane is under repair so the signage is not only difficult but incorrect. Again, we relied on the great volunteers. Seniors might investigate the rental of a motorized scooter.
Would not visit both parks on the same vacation. The Zoo and Safari Park were excellent independently, but a bit too similar to visit on consecutive dates.
This was our second visit to each park previously 20 years ago at the zoo. Perhaps 10 years ago at Safari Park. Zoo was fine. Was disappointed in Safari...park expansion has resulted in much more walking to see animals. Not a friendly place for those with mobility issues. Earlier visit on Africa Tram we saw elephants, lions, etc. Seems like the tram tour this time was a visit of limited kinds of animal. Many of the same animals.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Diego specialist!
Product code: COOL-3097SDZSP_2VISIT
Similar Tours & Activities