Pearl Harbor History Remembered Tour from Ko Olina
Sightseeing in Hawaiʻi isn’t complete without a visit to the two symbolic “bookends” of the Pacific War. The 'USS Arizona' whose bombing was the catalyst that propelled the US into WWII, and the 'USS Missouri' on whose decks the Japanese formally surrendered. This tour has a guide whose knowledge of and appreciation for these historic sites makes this memorial tour an experience to remember.
Stops and drive-by sites on the Pearl Harbor Remembered tour may include the World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, the 'USS Arizona' Memorial, Ford Island and the 'USS Missouri' Battleship, Historic Downtown Honolulu, and the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Hotel pickup included
Get picked up at your hotel at 8:30am. As you head towards Honolulu’s infamous Pearl Harbor on this seven-hour tour, your guide provides significant island history and background on what you will see.
Discover the exhibits and artifacts at the WWII Valor in the Pacific National Monument, helping to put the dramatic events of December 1941 into context. Next head by boat to the 'USS Arizona' Memorial, where visitors from around the world pause to reflect; looking down on the ruins of this sunken WWII battleship. Aboard the nearby 'USS Missouri', you'll learn about the “Mighty Mo’s” wartime history ,and see a signed copy of the surrender document that ended the war. Then don’t miss the 'USS Oklahoma' Memorial, another monument to those who lost their lives in the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Leave Pearl Harbor and follow your guide on a tour of downtown Honolulu, traveling past historic buildings that were a part of Hawaii’s history as a monarchy, then as a US territory, and ultimately as the 50th state.
A drive through Punchbowl Crater, home of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, completes this tour. Here, 38,000 markers pay tribute to the men and women of the US Armed Forces who have sacrificed for their country. Throughout the day, your guide shares insightful details about the beautiful island’s place in history. Experience this memorial tour and you will find a new appreciation for Oʻahu and its extraordinary past.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:30 AM
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Entry/Admission - USS Arizona Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Pearl Harbor National Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Battleship Missouri Memorial
- Entry/Admission - National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shirt & Shoes required. Swimsuits, high heels, dresses and skirts not recommended.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Bags are NOT allowed. Storage lockers are available for $5.00 per bag.
- Bring government issued ID. Ford Island is an active military base and ID is required at all times.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 4.89 out of 5 stars based on 115 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor