New Orleans City and Cemetery 2-Hour Bus Tour
ALL DRIVERS LICENSED AS TOUR GUIDES
For two hours, we’ll take you on an air conditioned ride throughout some of the most famous neighborhoods in New Orleans. We’ll show you the landmarks you don’t want to miss, and our licensed guides share the stories you’ll love to hear.
We’re a small company run by New Orleans locals, so our heritage runs deep. We’ll take you from the Treme to the Garden District, the 9th Ward to the back streets of The French Quarter. We’ll tell you where the best crawfish are, or where to get the coldest beer.
We love New Orleans. It’s our mission to make sure that when you step off our buses you’re in love with this great city as well. Come experience the best two hours of your vacation today.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Dubbed the “Garden District” for its over the top gardens, this part of New Orleans is noted for breathtaking scenery. Visitors are enthralled by the elegant mansions and picturesque setting that promises a relaxing, memorable experience.
Many celebrities live in the Garden District so you’ll never know just who you’ll see out in their yards or walking their dogs. America’s sweetheart Sandra Bullock has a house blocks off St. Charles Avenue. New Orleans native, The Big Lebowski actor John Goodman calls this historic neighborhood home, as well as our very own New Orleans Saint, Drew Brees. Nicolas Cage is seen around as well.
We’ll see the homes featured in the novels of Anne Rice and countless films. We’ll take you to see the more famous, or infamous places the residents of the Garden District call home. We’ll tour the oak-lined streets, and you’ll sit feet from some of the most historic mansions in all of America.
Pass By: Treme, New Orleans, LA
The Treme (pronounced “Treh-MAY”; historically Faubourg Tremé) is the birthplace of Jazz. The Treme is the spiritual home of our city. Congo Square in Armstrong Park anchors this historic neighborhood where the streets have more history than some books.
The Treme has been a legendary influence of New Orleans culture. So many significant events have taken places on these back streets of Treme.
Pass By: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
For hundreds of years, people have found a sense of allure about the French Quarter, and we understand why you’re here.
From the comfort of your air-conditioned seat, you’ll take a drive down Decatur Street, one of the most scenic in the area. You'll pass through the famous French Market to Esplanade Avenue as you hear the history of this 300-year-old neighborhood.
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 3, 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-2902
No tour in New Orleans would be complete without seeing one of our famed cemeteries. While the dead are six feet under in your town they rise above in ours. Our guides tell the stories that haunt the Crescent City. We’ll show you where some of our most fabled residents call their eternal home.
The tour group gets out and takes a walk so you can see up close and personal that New Orleans has a wholly different relationship with our dead than anywhere else in the country.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: New Orleans City Park, 1 Palm Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124-4608
City Park is one of New Orleans best attractions. A huge, luscious space, City Park is a stunning expanse of sights. 1.5 times larger than New York’s Central Park, City Park hosts the New Orleans Museum of Art, a carousel, and duck ponds, as well as some of New Orleans’ best wildlife.
Located in the heart of Mid City, City Park is also where the Voodoo Music Festival is held annually.
We’ll take a ride through the winding streets where mossy oaks line the streets, while birds sit on the branches contemplating the day. The 1,300-acre outdoor oasis has enchanted New Orleanians since 1854 and millions annually stroll under the picturesque moss canopies.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Musician’s Village, New Orleans, LA
Being New Orleans natives, this part of the tour really hits home for us. When Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans, it devastated our city. We’ve spent over a decade working hard to rebuild and show the world we’re better than ever.
VIP New Orleans Bus Tours will show you how far we've come back and what we are doing to make sure this never happens again. Our guides take you to see Musician's Village to see some of the success stories that continue to define the strength of our residents.
Too far to walk from the French Quarter, we’ll take you on a ride that only the locals know about. You’ll get a chance to really experience what life in New Orleans can be like.
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
We’ll take you to see one of the biggest lakes in the country, our very own lake Pontchartrain. Our lake is a body of water so big, the bridge to cross it is bigger than most municipal areas and is even in the Guinness Book of World Records!
Here’s a dirty little secret: it’s really not even a lake, it’s a giant estuary, that happens to feed into the Gulf of Mexico, and just so happens to be an easy swim of 630 miles.
Lake Pontchartrain is one of the most popular destinations for Louisiana residents in the summer. Boats are out for miles, and countless fishermen troll the waters looking for the catch of the day.
Pass By: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, 1500 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70112-1216
View one of the largest indoor stadiums in the US. Did you know that the location for the Superdome was originally the Girard Street Cemetery?
Pass By: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
One of the most iconic parks in the nation! This park was originally the Place D' Arms (place of arms) where executions were held.
Pass By: French Market, 1008 N Peters St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3406
Pass by the most famous outdoor market in America. Fresh produce, souvenirs, and other oddities can be found in this magical marketplace.
Stop At: Cafe Du Monde - City Park, 56 Dreyfous Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124, USA
Enjoy a break in City Park at Cafe DuMonde and try some cafe au lait and beignets (French donuts) if you need a snack. Restrooms available at this stop.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: New Orleans, LA, USA
- Driver/Licensed Tour Guide
- Live commentary on board by Licensed Tour Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only) or pick up at our visitor center 613 Decatur Street
- All drivers are licensed as tour guides with the City of New Orleans
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Must be able to get in and out of bus via steps
- All must wear masks during the entire tour due to COVID 19
- Most travelers can participate
- You must call or text us. We need your name and the hotel where you are staying, so we can enter in your pickup information. We pickup at select hotels in the area due to bus zone regulations, you will be assigned a pickup location close to your actual hotel. Please wait outside of your assigned pick up location 30 minutes prior to tour time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.64 out of 5 stars based on 39 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities