Private Guided Walking Tour of Bourbon Street
Learn about the rich & diverse history of the world's most famous or "infamous" street. Explore Bourbon street in the morning hours to avoid crowds and distractions.You’ll start at the top near Canal st and end at America’s oldest bar, that has been serving drinks since 1732. Halfway through we’ll stop for Louisiana’s official state doughnut and Big Easy style coffee with chicory, a local favorite.
Listen to stories & tales about the city's most famous cocktails and which libation was even a favorite of founding father, Benjamin Franklin. You'll learn about the origins of Bourbon st starting in the 18th century with the royal family of France. As you make your way down the street you’ll hear how the street changed with the influx of sailors in the 40s and the local fame of its burlesque dancers in the 50s and 60s and their involvement with notorious politicians & mobsters of the time.
Your local guide will share personal stories & secrets from growing up in the Big Easy.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Enjoy a fully guided tour walking down the country's most famous or infamous street. Hear stories of the street's origin from the 18th century, mobsters, burlesque dancers, Mardi Gras, and corruption.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Felix's Restaurant & Oyster Bar, 739 Iberville St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Visit the 2 most famous oyster restaurants in the city that are right across from one another! Learn how to shuck an oyster the proper "NOLA" way.
Stop At: Galatoire's, 209 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Learn about one of the oldest and most famous establishments NOLA has to offer and hear stories from the "line sitters" that are paid to sit and hold people's spots for a Galatoire's lunch!
Stop At: Big Easy Daiquiris, 216 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Learn the origins of Hemmingway's favorite Cuban cocktail and how it ties into New Orleans history and the invention of the "to go" cup in the 60s. And get a daiquiri if you fancy!
Duration: 4 minutes
Stop At: Old Absinthe House, 240 Bourbon St Between Iberville and Bienville, New Orleans, LA 70130-2205
One of the city's oldest and most infamous bars serving the "original green fairy!" Hear tales of visitors from Andrew Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt!
Duration: 4 minutes
Stop At: The Royal Sonesta New Orleans, 300 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Our guide will tell you the history of this hotel and the only underwater garage in the city
Stop At: Preservation Hall, 726 St. Peter Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3182
Enjoy a photo stop at the world's most famous jazz hall and see where some of the world's greatests have played.
Stop At: Tropical Isle, 721 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3145
Hear the story of now the most famous drink and drink container in the country and how it ties into the world fair of 1984
Stop At: Marie Laveau House of Voodoo, 739 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3145
Hear stories about the world's most famous voodoo queen and the history of New Orleans and voodoo.
Stop At: Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar, 941 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3120
End the tour at the oldest bar in American and hear stories of New Orleans' very own pirate Jean Lafitte! And grab a hurricane or voodoo daiquiri if you wish!
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Pat O'Brien's, 718 Saint Peter St Pat o's Courtyard Restaurant 624 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3183
See the famous dueling piano bar and courtyard and the history and stories of Pat O's
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Cafe Lafitte in Exile, 901 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3120
Thought to be one of the country's oldest gay bars with a rich history since WWII
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Photo op and quick storytime to learn about the city's foundations.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 90 to 120 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time:
Confirm time with the local provider in advance of your experience.
Private Bourbon Street Tour
8/18/2020 - 3/22/2024
Saturday - Sunday : 09:30 AM - 06:00 PM
- Return Details: Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar, 941 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
- Face masks + Hand Sanitizer
- Breakfast - Coffee
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Beignets
- Alcoholic Beverages
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks & Hand Sanitizer will be provided
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: C-276636P2
Similar Tours & Activities
Creole Louisiana: A French Quarter Walking Tour
New Orleans: City Park Adventure Exploration Game
New Orleans City and Cemetery 2-Hour Bus Tour
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
New Orleans Airboat Ride
Swamp Boat Ride and Oak Alley Plantation Tour from New Orleans