Grand Ole Opry House Guided Backstage Tour
Go behind the curtain on a guided backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry House, the concert hall that made Nashville the capital of country music. Walk in the footsteps of country music's superstars and get an exclusive look behind the scenes at the legendary venue—a must-see attraction on a visit to Music City! Choose from a daytime or post-show tour, led by a knowledgeable guide.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Ole Opry, 2804 Opryland Drive, Nashville, TN 37214-1209
Meet your knowledgeable guide in the Grand Ole Opry to start your small-group tour of the concert hall that made country music famous. As you walk backstage, hear entertaining stories form your guide about the Opry and the country music greats who have played here since the original radio show debuted in 1925. Look at photos from key moments in the history of the Opry and snap your own photos of the artist’s entrance, where superstars and up-and-coming musicians alike make their entrance before a show.
Have the chance to walk on stage and step onto the famous wooden circle where hundreds of artists have performed. The six-foot oak wood circle was cut from the stage of the Opry's former home at the Ryman Auditorium. Legends such as Patsy Cline, Uncle Dave Macon and Ernest Tubb once performed on the same boards.
Your tour also stops in Studio A, a live television studio that once broadcast the TV show Hee Haw. Then get a glimpse of some of the artist’s dressing rooms, which were refurbished after the Nashville flood of 2010. Each room features a theme such as the 1960s-style "It Takes Two" room, which is dedicated to great duets like June Carter and Johnny Cash.
To round out your tour, watch a video hosted by a newer member of the Opry family, Blake Shelton. Throughout your tour, via video, the young country music star gives you his perspective on what it’s like behind the scenes at the Opry. You also get to see performance footage from the past and details about more recent events, including the 2010 flood that caused considerable damage to the building.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Grand Ole Opry, 2804 Opryland Dr, Nashville, TN 37214, USA
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Guided Backstage Tour of the Grand Ole Opry
- Professional Guide
- Hear stories about the Opry and country music greats from Minnie Pearl to Carrie Underwood
- View the artist entrance where performers walk into the Opry House on the night of an Opry show
- Entry/Admission - Grand Ole Opry
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please Note: Due to the high popularity of this tour, times may sell out in advanced. Grand Ole Opry Backstage Tours depart every 15 minutes. In the event your selected tour time is not available, you will be placed on the next available departure time.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- We’re operating with limited capacity and a reduced number of guests during each backstage tour.
Average 4.65 out of 5 stars based on 111 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
We all learned so much and admire all the performers so much more. I wish I could see a real time behind the scenes happen!
We enjoyed the tour..It was very informative about the history of the Opry. I would highly recommend the tour.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-6585GRANDOP
Similar Tours & Activities