10,000 Islands Excursion Small-Group 3.5 hour Dolphin & Shelling Boat Tour
Our best value tour. Imagine shelling on islands that are NOT picked over daily by 100's of people. With your naturalist guide, learn not only about individual shell animals, but learn "how to" shell from our Shelling Guru. This is an excellent "hands-on" experience for the young and old alike. Your naturalist guide will facilitate parents and grandparents wanting to be the educators.
This is not a typical preprogrammed tour. Every day and every tour can be different, so be sure to discuss with your guide the possibilities. This tour is approximately 3.5 hours in duration and departs twice daily at 9:00 and 1:30. Advanced reservations are required. Don't forget your cameras!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Marco Island, Marco Island, Florida
While shelling remote island beaches, Marco Island will be in the background.
Stop At: Gulf of Mexico, Florida 32680, USA
Shelling the uninhabited barrier island beaches of the 10,000 Islands overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Stunning views
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: TEN THOUSAND ISLANDS NWR, 3860 Tollgate Blvd Ste 300, Naples, FL 34114-5444
The 10,000 Islands Excursion is the best way to experience the natural world around Marco Island. Conducted within the 10,000 Islands Wildlife Refuge, you will experience what many describe as, "The Best of Florida".
The tour is a two-part experience. The first part is a slow, intimate boating tour amongst the remote islands of the Ten Thousand Islands. While you search for dolphins, manatees and sea turtles, you may encounter ospreys, bald eagles, ibis, roseate spoonbill, egrets, herons and any number of shorebird species. All the while, your formally trained Florida Master Naturalist guide will talk to you about the area's ecosystems, it's long history and rich culture. The second part of your excursion is an exploration of a remote barrier island beach ... an island that you only can reach by boat ... an island that few get to experience. Learn about beach dynamics; stroll through the tidal flats and wade the tidal pools of these remote islands.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Florida Master Naturalist Guide
- Explore an uninhabited barrier island on this exciting eco-tour
- Take advantage of great photo opportunities while on a large, stable boat
- See an amazing variety of birds and other wildlife
- Bottled water
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please arrive 20-25 minutes before departure to park and use the bathroom facilities. The tour boards 5 minute before the departure time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.58 out of 5 stars based on 12 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities