Maui Whale-Watching Tour by Raft from Kihei
Enjoy a prime opportunity to see humpback whales as they migrate through Hawaiian waters from Alaska between December and May. Setting out from Kihei, cruise to an area off the southern end of Maui with one of Hawaii's highest whale populations. You’ll travel in a large, sturdy raft that provides a speedy ride so you can maximize your viewing time. Learn about the whales from informative commentary provided by an onboard naturalist on this tour limited to 7 people (this may change as restrictions ease up but no more than 15), a smaller group size than most whale tours.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Ideal choice for families
- Popular choice with kids
Make your own way to the Kihei dock to board your whale-watching vessel.
Your captain welcomes you aboard the rigid-hulled raft, which is designed to cruise with ease through ocean waters. This allows your captain to locate whales quickly so that you have more time to observe the mighty mammals. You’ll be heading into the most heavily populated waters for whale activity in the Hawaiian Islands, giving you optimum chances for sightings.
Hear informative commentary by your onboard marine naturalist, who explains the humpbacks’ behavior, biology and territory. Learn why populations have rebounded from a low of just 1,400 whales in 1966 to approximately 21,000 whales in 2014. The adults can weigh anywhere from 25-40 tons (22-37 metric tons), while newborns start out weighing around one ton (900 kilograms).
You might also see spinner dolphins, bottlenose dolphins or spotted dolphins dancing around the raft during your cruise. The playful creatures sometimes leap out of the water near the boat or ride in its wake.
Keep cool under the sunshade, and be prepared for a misting of ocean spray from time to time during your 90-minute cruise. Nonalcoholic drinks are provided.
• Keawakapu Beach, Wailea, Maui, HI
• Redline Rafting Co., 2800 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, Maui, HI 96753-9613
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- NO Back or Neck Injuries or Pregnant Passengers Please
- On-board marine naturalist.
- On-board hydrophone to listen to the whales.
- Guaranteed to see Whales
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not recommended for anyone with bad backs
- Not recommended for anyone with neck injuries
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.98 out of 5 stars based on 93 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities