Self-Guided Kayaking: Real Florida Adventure
Why settle for a 'rental' when you can have a REAL self-guided kayak tour? We are the only area outfitter that offers a REAL self-guided tour via our Adventure App. Simply download our App to your smart phone, connect to our bluetooth speaker (included on your tour), and listen as our University of Florida Certified Advanced Master Naturalist introduces you to the beauty of Old Florida in this lush wetland. The most popular kayak tour location of the Amelia Island area! Our private self-guided tour of this black water creek is a beautiful and inexpensive way to experience the nature of the real Florida. Perfect for beginners yet a gorgeous paddle for even the experienced kayaker, you will be directed on a one-way up and back route. Experience easy, calm, lush botanical beauty while kayaking this popular black water creek (near Amelia Island) on this 2-hour private self-guided tour.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
Come experience the beauty of a real Florida adventure! We offer the only REAL self-guided kayak tour of the Amelia Island area. This tour allows you to download our Adventure App, which plays for you on our bluetooth speaker automatically as you paddle down this beautiful black water tributary of Amelia Island, lined with trees and filled with the sounds of nature. You’ll have the opportunity to see native wildlife in their natural habitat, including the possibility of seeing turtles, alligators, many different species of birds and fish, and beautiful flora and fauna. This wetland waterway is not as influenced by the tide as direct coastal waters, so it makes a great tour for even beginner kayakers at any time of day. The beautiful mirrored black water creates amazing photo opportunities. Come see why this is the most popular kayak tour location of the Amelia Island area!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Kayak, paddle, and vest to use
- Bottled water - Drink and snack
- Bluetooth speaker for audio tour
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- All kayakers must be capable swimmers in case of emergency.
- Provide your email upon booking.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. 100% refund if cancellation prior to 24 hours before start of tour. If we cancel your tour due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. We do not cancel for light rain unless temperatures are less than 60*, and in that case you will be given the option of rescheduling or cancelling or doing the tour at the scheduled time if you choose.
- Although provided, you may bring water and snacks, if desired. We definitely recommend sunblock! You may also want to bring a change of clothes or wear swimwear.
- Wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Kayakers must be willing to step in approximately six inches of water to enter and exit the kayak.
- Recommended for ages 4 years old and up. Children under 12 must ride in a tandem kayak with an adult.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.96 out of 5 stars based on 67 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor