Glenwood Canyon Half-Day Raft Trip in Colorado
If we only had two to three hours to spend on the water and wanted show our friends or family what it's like to experience the thrill of Class III Colorado whitewater rafting and the beauty of Glenwood Canyon, this would be the trip we'd take them on. And if we only had two hours because everyone had plans after the trip, well, we'd probably cancel them so we could all go rafting.
It's perfect for first-timers, families, and people who like experiencing life rather than Snapchatting it.
Your experience starts by meeting at the Defiance boathouse located in Glenwood Canyon Resort in No Name, CO in beautiful Glenwood Canyon (which is just 2 miles east of the community of Glenwood Springs). There, we will gear you up, talk about the trip, and introduce you to your river pro. Then Defiance will shuttle you and your river pro up the canyon to Shoshone where you will put-in on the Colorado River. You'll find action right away as your river pro navigates you down the Class III-IV Shoshone section. You'll follow that up with 2+ hours of scenic canyon float that offers occasional splashes and opportunities to jump in the water through lower Glenwood Canyon and into the community of Glenwood Springs.
Class I–III (Class IV at higher water)
Trip Length: 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours (dependent on river flow)
Departs daily @ 9:00am; Noon; 1:00pm; and 4:00pm
Check-In is 45 minutes prior to departure (1308 CR 123 Glenwood Springs, CO 81601. Located in Glenwood Canyon Resort).
Requirements: Paddlers must weigh at least 50lbs to raft through the Shoshone rapids. Paddlers under 50lbs (but over 30lbs) will join us at Grizzly Creek, which is just below Shoshone rapids.
• Defiance Rafting, Glenwood Springs, CO
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD) aka, lifejacket
- Optional use of wetsuits, river booties, and splash-jackets
- Post trip swag for Happy Paddlers (guests 12 and under).
- No additional fees and taxes
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off upon request with 24-hour notice
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival. Please arrive 45 minutes prior to trip departure.
- 24-hour cancelation policy (outside = full refund; inside = partial refund up to 50%)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Defiance, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. But when it comes to what we do – well, we do. That includes looking after the welfare of our guests and the responsibility of earning and maintaining your trust and confidence throughout your experience.
Average 4.86 out of 5 stars based on 14 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor