Hawaii Small-Group Volcano Experience with Lunch and Restaurant Dinner
See the volcano at night! Travel in style and comfort with Big Island’s Premier Tour Company - Kailani Tours. Cruise along the scenic Kona coastline on your way to Hawaii’s most active volcano – Kilauea! Sample Kona coffee, visit Punalu’u Black Sand Beach, and explore all that Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has to offer. Features of this tour include everything from our first class beverage and towel service, exceptional food selections, and our incredibly knowledgeable guides. This luxury tour highlights the eruption of Kilauea at night, shows off several natural wonders of the island, and treats guests to an incredibly indulgent touring experience. This unique and unforgettable tour provides the most comprehensive exploration of Kilauea Volcano’s past, present and future.
- Instant Confirmation
- Dinner included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Greenwell Farms, 81-6551 Mamalahoa Hwy, Kealakekua, Island of Hawaii, HI 96750
Enjoy a deli-style picnic lunch in this beautiful setting on the Kona Coast. Greenwell Farms is a coffee lover's dream! Sit amongst the many coffee trees and learn about harvesting, drying and roasting coffee at one of Kona's most iconic and historic coffee farms. This is pure Kona coffee! Greenwell Farms' award-winning coffee is grown in the heart of the Big Island and is handpicked at peak ripeness for rich flavor. They carefully select their coffee beans to ensure that each batch is top quality. From bold to mild, classic to flavored, they have a roast for every coffee lover. Not a coffee drinker? No problem! Taste teas or hot chocolate served by Kailani guides.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Punalu'u Bake Shop, Route 11, Naalehu, Island of Hawaii, HI 96772
Located at the Southernmost point in the United States, this bakery is a must-visit location. "Welcoming over 200,000 visitors from near and far every year, our bake shop is the most visited bakery in the state of Hawaiʻi. Located on Mamalahoa Highway (Route 11) in the town of Na‘alehu, midway between Kailua-Kona and Volcanoes National Park, our visitor center is a must-stop! You know you’re close when you smell the sweet aroma of our world-famous sweet bread, malasadas, and baked goods."
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Punalu'u Black Sand beach, Highway 11, Pahala, Island of Hawaii, HI 96777
Turtles! This iconic location on the southern tip of the Big Island is home to the most recognized black sand beach anywhere on Hawaii Island. The beach has black sand made of basalt and created by lava flowing into the ocean which explodes as it reaches the ocean and cools. This volcanic activity is in the Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park. Punaluʻu is frequented by endangered hawksbill and green turtles, which can often be seen basking on the black sand.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
We've made it! Making a straight line from Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, we head to the summit of Kilauea to take in the enormity of the giant crater, Halemaumau! Witness the stunning views of a crater that experienced thousands of earthquakes, many explosive rockfalls and the draining of Kilauea Caldera’s gigantic lava lake. Kailani Tours’ guides will provide an intimate behind-the-scenes tour of the park that guests simply cannot experience on their own. These park-certified guides will provide the ultimate guest experience as they show off their favorite locations of the park.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kilauea Lodge Restaurant, 19-3948 Old Volcano Rd, Volcano, HI 96785, USA
Enjoy a three course meal while we wait for the sun to go down over the volcano. Relax and enjoy a restaurant dinner unlike any other tour offering in Volcano Village.
"Historic Kilauea Lodge and Restaurant, built as a YMCA camp in 1938, now serves the Volcano community as a popular hotel for lodging, dining and special events. The Lodge offers a peaceful rainforest retreat as well as an award-winning restaurant and on-site group gathering facility."
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kilauea Volcano, Island of Hawaii, HI
Enjoy the eruption from a safe distance at Halemaumau Crater! Take in the glow of the eruption that began in late 2020. Sip hot beverages and take pictures of an extraordinary eruption from Kilauea Overlook. This is what everybody comes for - the eruption of Kilauea Volcano!
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Mauna Kea Summit, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
Drive along Saddle Road back towards your hotel. Weather permitting, this is the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the incredible starry skies available above the clouds.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 12 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Catered Picnic Lunch
- Cold beverages, hot coffee/chocolate
- Light Jacket
- Entry/Admission - Greenwell Farms
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Entry/Admission - Kilauea Volcano
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 5 years old not permitted on this tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Breakfast and lunch is included on the tour. Please let us know in the Special Requirements section when booking if you have any specific dietary restrictions or food preferences.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.96 out of 5 stars based on 94 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our tour guide, Jim Carey, was very knowledgeable with many Hawaiian history stories and the area. Ask a question and he had an answer.Stops were educational and informative. Dinner at Kileaua Lodge was wonderful. Since these tours have recently resumed after the volcano erruption, please consider a tour and request Jim. Our group was 7 but could be 12
Aaron was a bery knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide. The tour visited many interesting sites including waterfalls and lava glows. There were only 11 of us on the 14 seater minivan which made it more intimate. The van was very comfortable and clean.
This was a spectacular tour. Our guide, Zane, was engaging and extremely knowledgeable and made the whole experience very informative and exciting! Definitely worthwhile!
Excellent tour! We visited the key places and we had a great day.
Great trip. If you want to spend an enjoyable day learning about volcanos and the Bid Island, all while someone else does the driving, this is a trip worth every penny. Tour picked us up at Kohala resort. They were going to be a few minutes late due to another pick-up, but called us and informed us - very much appreciated. Vehicle was comfortable and clean. Our tour guide was Zane Smith who happens to be a PHD Geologist with a passion for the volcanos and a dynamic, engaging personality. If you take this trip, ask for Zane. The evening meal at local restaurant in Volcano was excellent and also a highlight of the trip. Enjoyed the brief stop at Big Island Candies as well. If you want to experience volcano visit without the long hike to live lava flows, this trip is the way to go.
Great tour the tour guy was awesome. He spent a lot of time with us. At night I was very cold to see the volanco
but he had winter jackets. We ate dinner at the lodge on top of the volanco great time. GAT
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities