Austin’s Original Graffiti Culture Experience & Workshop
Explore the underground graffiti scene and paint with a local graffiti artist!
You’ll get beyond the gallery by walking along the railroad in the actual streets of East Austin, a thriving neighborhood with a mix of historic grit and an up-and-coming creative culture. Immerse yourself into the vibrant unsanctioned murals, constantly revolving tags, motivations, vandal etiquette, and techniques from the most prominent local vandals and muralists. Your guide will base the experience off of your interests, so be vocal about your curiosities!
BYOB on property (the painting section)!
To top off your experience, YOU will learn the foundational techniques to leave your mark on Austin’s graffiti scene from an authentic graffiti writer as you spray paint a wall — with permission. During this portion of the experience, your host will demonstrate their craft by personalizing your very own “hi my name is” T-shirt! *t-shirt is provided*
Tour is 90 minutes (2 - 45 min. Sections)
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- All necessary equipment included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: East Sixth Street, Austin, TX 78701
East Austin is brimming with graffiti and street art. After our experience, there are an abundance of food venues and art displays to explore and enjoy. HOPE outdoor gallery used to house many artists' works, but since it has been closed to the public, most artists have moved east of the highway- where our tour takes place.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 60 to 90 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional spray paint
- Customized T-shirt
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Shoes to walk off-road a bit
- Service animals allowed
- This experience takes place OUTDOORS, please dress for your comfort.
- Private bookings can be tailored for design teams seeking cultural immersion, active bachelorette parties, or families seeking creative inspiration and youthful fun.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Great for groups, teams, and team-building experiences
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Average 4.00 out of 5 stars based on 1 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities