Best of Austin Small-Group Driving Tour with Local Guide
Austin’s favorite “bucket list tour” offers an excellent city overview in just 2 hours. Visit major landmarks, lesser-known gems that only a local would know about, real neighborhoods, and even a sweet treat! Your guide’s in-the-know commentary provides more insight than you could get elsewhere.
You’ll learn all about Austin’s art, music, culture, food, history, parks, famous residents, and how the locals “Keep Austin Weird." By the end of your tour, there is no doubt that you will know why people love Austin. Come as strangers, leave as friends!
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rainey Street Historic District, Rainey Street, Austin, TX 78701
Popular Austin spot with bungalows converted to bars and restaurants.
Pass By: 6th Street, 115 E 6th St, Austin, TX 78701-3651
Check out the live music venues and popular nightlife spots on 6th Street, better known as "Dirty 6th."
Stop At: Texas State Capitol, 1100 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704-1728
Learn a little about Texas history and when your guide takes you on a brief tour inside the Texas State Capitol building. Enjoy the beautiful architecture and take a moment to snap a few photos!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: University of Texas at Austin, Guadalupe and I-35 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and 26th St., Austin, TX 78705
See the home of the Longhorns.
Stop At: Greetings from Austin Mural, 1720 S 1st St, Austin, TX 78704-4250
Great photo opportunity with this iconic piece of street art.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: South Congress Avenue, South Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704
Cruise down South Congress Avenue --the gem of the South Austin neighborhood-- with its many unique local shops, restaurants, and live music venues.
Pass By: Congress Avenue Bridge Bat Watching, 100 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701-4072
Cross over the Ann W. Richards Bridge on Congress Ave (also known as the “bat bridge”) which is home to the largest urban bat colony in the world.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- A 'bucket list tour' of Austin gives you a city overview
- Texas State Capitol
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Parking fee is $10.00 for up to 8 hours
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour departs from the AUSTIN VISITOR CENTER located at 602 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time for check in. We are unable to delay the tour for guests who arrive late.
- Guests with young children must provide their own car seats and arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the tour to install them in the van as our guides are not permitted to handle car seats.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Parking is available in the Austin Convention Center Garage which is connected to the Austin Visitor Center. Enter the garage on E 5th St between Red River and Sabine.
- The tour runs rain or shine, however we reserve the right to cancel the tour in the event of extreme weather and/or hazardous road conditions that would potentially affect the safety of our guides and guests.
- Guests with limited mobility are welcome to bring a wheelchair or portable scooter on board to be folded and placed in the rear of the van. The vans are not equipped with a ramp or wheelchair lift however, so all guests must be able to step up into the vehicle (about 12 inches).
- We do not permit animals or pets of any kind. Guests with a service dog MUST contact the tour operator in advance to request approval.
- Most travelers can participate
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or if you are feeling ill in any way, please do not join the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.95 out of 5 stars based on 510 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor