From Austin: Hill Country BBQ & Wine Shuttle
Searching for an affordable and fun way to get out to the famous Salt Lick BBQ and two (2) beautiful Texas Hill Country wineries? Look no further! This Hill Country BBQ and Wine Shuttle is great for solo travelers, couples, and small groups. The shuttle departs from the Austin Visitor Center at 10:30AM and heads out to the Driftwood area of the Texas Hill Country approx. 35-45 minutes southwest of Austin. Enjoy comfortable transportation in a Mercedes Sprinter van with a friendly local guide. Spend 45-50 minutes at each stop. Food/drinks not included in the shuttle price; guests pay directly at the restaurant and wineries.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Salt Lick BBQ, 18300 Farm to Market Rd 1826, Driftwood, TX 78619, USA
Visit the world famous Salt Lick to fill up on delicious Texas BBQ! Please note that the tour price does not include any alcohol, tastings, or food. We recommend budgeting $35/person for the BBQ lunch and each wine tasting costs $17-20 + tax/tip.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Fall Creek Vineyards, 18059 FM 1826 Unit A, Driftwood, TX 78619-4421
Taste delicious local wines at this premier Hill Country winery! Tastings cost $20 + tax/tip payable directly to the winery. Location subject to change based on availability.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Duchman Family Winery, 13308 FM 150 W, Driftwood, TX 78619-9232
Sip award-winning wines while soaking in those gorgeous Hill Country views! Tastings cost $17 + tax/tip (payable directly to the winery). Location subject to change based on availability.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- It is recommended you bring $35 for BBQ at Salt Lick. Wine Tastings cost about $17-20 each.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour departs from the AUSTIN VISITOR CENTER located at 602 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78701.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start time for check in. We are unable to delay the tour for guests who arrive late.
- Parking is available in the Austin Convention Center Garage which is connected to the Austin Visitor Center. Enter the garage on E 5th St between Red River and Sabine.
- The tour runs rain or shine, however we reserve the right to cancel the tour in the event of extreme weather and/or hazardous road conditions that would potentially affect the safety of our guides and guests.
- Guests with limited mobility are welcome to bring a wheelchair or portable scooter on board to be folded and placed in the rear of the van. The vans are not equipped with a ramp or wheelchair lift however, so all guests must be able to step up into the vehicle (about 12 inches).
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms or if you are feeling ill in any way, please do not join the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.85 out of 5 stars based on 87 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor