Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley + Arlington Nat'l Cemetery, Water Taxi Upgrade
Discover Washington DC at your leisure with a Silver, Gold or Platinum Pass! Create your own itinerary to see the most popular sights of Washington DC at your own pace with the options that best suit your interests.
The Gold Pass presents the best value for those who want to see all of DC in one day; upgrade to the Platinum Pass to give yourself a second day for just $10 more!
- Fully narrated tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Family friendly
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Washington D.C. Hop on Hop off Trolley Tour
Route Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Washington Welcome Center - Washington Welcome Center: At the intersection of 10th and E Streets, NW. Across the street from Ford's Theatre and the Peterson House.
- 1475 Pennsylvania Ave NW - The White House: 15th and Pennsylvania Avenue NW. Next to the green fire hydrant, in front of the Willard Hotel.
- 800 Pennsylvania Ave NW - National Archives: 9th Street and Pennsylvania Ave. NW. East on Pennsylvania Ave. Stop is in front of the Research Center entrance. Across from the Navy Memorial.
- 400 New Jersey Ave NW - National Japanese American Memorial: New Jersey Avenue NW between E and D streets NW. In front the Hyatt Regency between the entrance and exit of the circular driveway.
- 50 Massachusetts Ave NE - Union Station: Massachusetts Ave. and Columbus Circle NE. Enter Columbus Circle, make first left, follow lane C. Stop is in front of Union Station just east of the main crosswalk.
- 1st Street Northwest - U.S. Capitol: First Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. Stop is at the Peace Monument Circle at Pennsylvania and 1st Street, NW.
- 200 6th St SW - Smithsonian Air and Space Museum: Sixth Street and Independence Avenue, SW. Stop is on the south side of the building at 6th Street and Independence Avenue, SW.
- Maine Avenue Southwest & 9th Street Southwest - The Wharf - Boarding for Water Taxi Boat Cruise: 900 Maine Ave SW. Between the intersection and the Metro bus stop.
- 700 L'Enfant Plaza SW - International Spy Museum
- 1398 Independence Ave SW - Washington Monument: Corner of 12th and Independence Ave. Just west of the Wilson Memorial Arch at the end of the Department of Agriculture Building at the light pole.
- East Basin Drive Southwest & Ohio Drive Southwest - Jefferson Memorial: Stop is at the intersection of East Basin Drive and Ohio Drive, SW, across from the George Mason Memorial.
- 1695 West Basin Dr SW - FDR Memorial / MLK Jr. Memorial: West Basin Dr. and Ohio Dr. SW. North on West Basin Dr. - Stop is just after the taxi stand & bus loading and unloading sign.
- 11 Daniel French Dr SW - Lincoln Memorial – Transfer for Arlington National Cemetery Shuttle: Daniel French Dr. & Independence Ave. SW. North on Daniel French Dr. into Lincoln complex. Stop is next to the Concession Stand. Transfer for Arlington National Cemetery Shuttle.
- 1300 Constitution Ave NW - National Museum of American History: 14th & Constitution Ave. NW. East on Constitution Ave., stop is just before first driveway entrance by the fire hydrant.
- Constitution Avenue Northwest - Smithsonian Museum of Natural History: 10th & Constitution Ave. NW. Stop is on Constitution Ave., in front of the Natural History Museum.
- Newseum - Newseum: 6th & Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Stop is on 6th St. in front of the Freedom Forum / First Amendment Center entrance.
- F Street Northwest & 8th Street Northwest - National Portrait Gallery/African Art Museum/Spy Museum: At the intersection between the two crosswalks in front of the steps of the Donald Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture
Arlington National Cemetery / Women in Military Service for America Memorial / White House / Supreme Court / Jefferson Memorial / United States Holocaust Memorial Museum / National Museum of American History / Bureau of Engraving and Printing / The National Archives Museum / Library of Congress / Ford's Theatre / Union Station / Vietnam Veterans Memorial / Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History / Washington Monument / National Museum of African Art / National Mall / National Air and Space Museum / Old Town Trolley Tours of Washington DC / National Portrait Gallery / Korean War Veterans Memorial / National Zoological Park / Smithsonian Institution Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery / U.S. Capitol / Washington National Cathedral / Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial / United States Navy Memorial and Naval Heritage Center / United States Botanic Garden / Arlington House - The Robert E. Lee Memorial / White House Visitors Center / National Postal Museum / International Spy Museum / George Mason Memorial / National Museum of the American Indian / National World War II Memorial / Newseum / Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial / John F. Kennedy Grave Site / Lincoln Memorial / National Museum of African American History and Culture / Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Operates: Tours begin daily at 9:00 am and run until our last re-boarding at 4:45 pm. Trolleys will come by each stop every 30 minutes. Please note that Washington DC is a city of parades, festivals, motorcades and of course, traffic. These events may cause delays in the arrival of a trolley at your stop or result in having to take an alternate route.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Hop-on hop-off narrated tour
- Shuttle to Arlington National Cemetery
- Onboard host/hostess
- Local taxes
- Exclusive foreign language app in seven languages
- Monuments by Moonlight, if option selected
- Arlington National Cemetery trolley tour
- Water taxi
- Hotel pickup and drop off except hotel included in the Uptown Hotel Shuttle Loop
- Food and drinks
- Earbuds (available for purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Strollers are allowed on the trolley if they are collapsible
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if a wheelchair-accessible trolley is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Voucher holders may board the trolley at the Washington Welcome Center (1001 E Street NW) or any Old Town Trolley boarding location. Main Ticket Booth: Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Ave. NE
- Arlington National Cemetery requires a 100% ID Check with no exceptions. All US guest must provide a State or Government Issued picture ID. Visitors 16 and 17 may present a valid school ID. All foreign guest must present a PASSPORT. Foreign ID Cards will not be accepted. US State or Government issued picture ID or PASSPORTS ONLY can be used for entry into Arlington National Cemetery.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 52 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.22 out of 5 stars based on 1287 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Narrated tour helped us get our sense of direction on our first day in town. Water shuttle ride on the Potomac was relaxing. Bus into Arlington Cemetery took all the quess work out of figuring how to get across the bridge. Would recommend taking this bus tour on your first or second day in town.
From choosing the Holiday Inn, Rhode Island Avenue and being able to get transportation everywhere. The trolley picked us up at the Holiday Inn and we didn't need to move our car or ride Metro at all. The State Capitol building tour was better than the White House. You need to see the Library of Congress....amazing. Trip home via GPS was uneventful and leaving D C after noon was best time to avoid traffic
Enjoyed the hop on hop off the guide was very informative about all the sights had a wonderful time in washington
This tour was great! We left on a very nice charter bus and our tour guide Deon gave a lot of great information on the way to Mt. Vernon. On the way to Mt Vernon we stopped at George Washington’s church. We were given a lot of info and were able to tour the church and grounds. We even got to sit in George Washington’s booth in the church. When we reached Mt Vernon we had some time to look around before our tour of Washington’s house. It was amazing to see where our Founding Father lived and died. After the tour we had time to walk the grounds to see the beautiful views, Washington’s grave, and tour the museum of his life. We ate at the cafeteria because we wanted something simple and quick but would’ve loved to eat the restaurant. I felt the amount of time there was perfect. It’s so nice to be able to just park and get on the bus. We can enjoy the sites and get info about them without the hassle of driving through the traffic. Definitely recommend!!!
I highly recommend the hop on hop off trolly. We did it for two days to get around the city. The drivers/tour guides are highly knowledgeable about DC and it’s history. Arlington Cemetery was a somber tour, but it was our honor to visit and pay our respects. The changing of the guard ceremony was very nice. And I recommend the water taxi trip. It was a very nice relaxing time after the hustle and bustle of the city.
Fantastic way to travel around and taking in all the sites. Trolley drivers were friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. No issues getting a seat at any time. Took the shuttle bus to Arlington, again, driver very informative, you could spend a lot of hours here so using the trolley service is ideal to cover the vast area in a shorter time. Guided tour gave insightful facts that you would never have known by just walking around by yourself. The major sites such as Washington Monument, Capitol Hill and Lincoln Memorial,etc, are further apart than you think! also with the heat! The trolley gets you around effortlessly and lets you find your bearings!
This was a great experience. We used the hop-on hop-off for multiple days and ended up purchasing the night trolley tour as well. Each driver was friendly, kind, funny and full of knowledge. I will definitely be using Cool Destinations again!
We loved our day of hopping-on and off so much we signed up for an amazing evening tour! With the same guide, Adam. During the cool damp days it was nice to be able to be warm and dry and not have to sit in an open upper deck.
On the evening tour there was a bit of a mix up in information called and spoke to at least 3 people about time and place to meet but we finally figured it out.
Really enjoyed. Staff provided great information as well as being courteous and helpful! Thank you...
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5046WAS_OTT
Similar Tours & Activities
Best of DC Including US Capitol, National Archives Reserved Access, White House and Lincoln Memorial