Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Dinner
Hop aboard the famous Napa Valley Wine Train for an unforgettable dining experience! In the late fall and winter, the earlier sunsets mean that most or all of the journey is under the cover of night, making for a very romantic dinner. Travel in comfort aboard refurbished 1915-1917 Pullman Cars that create an atmosphere conducive to relaxation and enjoyment while traversing through beautiful Napa wine country to the quaint village of St Helena. On your 3-hour round-trip ride, enjoy picturesque views while dining on meals crafted by Executive Chef Donald Young and freshly prepared on the train using only the freshest ingredients. This is the most relaxing, exclusive way to experience Napa!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry Street, Napa, CA 94559-1925
Travel through the lush Napa Valley countryside and be transported back in time. Back to the romance and luxury of the golden age of train travel of the early 1900s, when guests explored the trains beyond their private quarters. Back to a time when a journey was meant to be savored from start to finish. Guests aboard the Gourmet Express experience both dining and lounge service, with some courses of your gourmet meal served in each car.
Heading North, first seating guests begin their journey in the dining car, enjoying their fresh Sonoma greens or soup du jour and choice of entrée—roasted tenderloin of beef, lemon thyme roasted chicken, or gemelli pasta among them—followed by dessert with complimentary coffee or tea in one of the lounge cars on the return trip.
Second seating guests sample appetizers and beverages in one of our lounge cars en route to St. Helena, and choice of soup or salad, entrée, and dessert on the way back to the station. Fresh California gourmet meals are crafted by Executive Chef Donald Young and his passionate culinary team in one of three onboard kitchens. Located immediately next to each dining area, guests are encouraged to explore the Train and visit the kitchen cars and see our chefs in action.
In the spring and summer, the long, warm California twilight means that when you take your Wine Train journey, Napa Valley’s vineyards are bathed in beautiful, golden hour sunlight for most of the way, with the opportunity to see some spectacular Napa sunsets. In the Fall and the Winter, when the train departs after sunset, you will experience the romance and adventure of an antique train traveling through the dark, starlit Napa Valley night.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:20 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Multi-course dinner
- 2 Hour Train journey through the Napa Valley
- Coffee and tea
- Sales Tax
- Entry/Admission - Napa Valley Wine Train
- Server gratuities (recommended)
- Soft drinks, juice and alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Any reserved seats not claimed within 10 minutes prior to departure may be released for resale
- Dress code is smart casual; cocktail attire encouraged for dinner
- Not wheelchair or scooter accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 2.67 out of 5 stars based on 3 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
MEAL ON TRAIN WAS EXCELLENT..i HAD THE FILET MIGNON. fREE GLASS OF WINE WAS THIMBLE SIZE COMPARED TO REGULAR GLASSES WHEN YOU PAID FOR THE WINE.
DELAY WHEN ENGINE RAN AROUND TRAIN TOOK ENTIRELY TOO MUCH TIME...LOOKED LIKE THE CREW WAS HOLDING THE TRAIN WAITING FOR THEIR DINNER ORDERS ?? SERIOUSLY, I SAW THE FOOD DELIVERED AND THEN WE LEFT!!
1 hr wait to board train. Wine not great, food actually great. Can't see anything outside it's to dark. After dinner we were ushered into anothher cart for dessert. Sat there for at least another hour no entertainment at all. You were ignored once the dessert came out. Do not spend your money!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Napa & Sonoma specialist!
Product code: COOL-5850DINNERTRAIN
Similar Tours & Activities