Napa Valley Wine Train with Gourmet Lunch
Hop aboard the famous Napa Valley Wine Train for an unforgettable dining experience! Travel in comfort aboard a restored antique train through beautiful Napa wine country to the quaint village of St Helena. On your 3-hour round-trip ride, relax and enjoy picturesque views while dining on a gourmet lunch followed by dessert. This is the most relaxing, exclusive way to experience Napa!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry Street, Napa, CA 94559-1925
Travel through the lush Napa Valley countryside and be transported back in time. Back to the romance and luxury of the golden age of train travel of the early 1900s, when guests explored the trains beyond their private quarters. Back to a time when a journey was meant to be savored from start to finish. Guests aboard the Gourmet Express experience both dining and lounge service, with some courses of your gourmet meal served in each car.
Heading North, first seating guests begin their journey in the dining car, enjoying their fresh Sonoma greens or soup du jour and choice of entrée—roasted tenderloin of beef, lemon thyme roasted chicken, or gemelli pasta among them—followed by dessert with complimentary coffee or tea in one of the lounge cars on the return trip.
Second seating guests sample appetizers and beverages in one of our lounge cars en route to St. Helena, and choice of soup or salad, entrée, and dessert on the way back to the station. Fresh California gourmet meals are crafted by Executive Chef Donald Young and his passionate culinary team in one of three onboard kitchens. Located immediately next to each dining area, guests are encouraged to explore the Train and visit the kitchen cars and see our chefs in action.
Choose the Gourmet Express for lunch, when the sun is bright and high in the sky. Or for something even more romantic, join us onboard for evening dinner. In the spring and summer, the long, warm California twilight means that when you take your Wine Train journey, Napa Valley’s vineyards are bathed in beautiful, golden hour sunlight for most of the way, with the opportunity to see some spectacular Napa sunsets. In the Fall and the Winter, when the train departs after sunset, you will experience the romance and adventure of an antique train traveling through the dark, starlit Napa Valley night.
In the spirit of traditional rail seating, you may share the experience—and a table—with another party. Need a bit of privacy? Private seating is available in the Champagne Vista Dome on dinner trains and some private tables (for two) are available on lunch trains.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Napa Valley Wine Train, 1275 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Multi-course lunch
- 3 Hour Train journey
- Coffee and tea
- Entry/Admission - Napa Valley Wine Train
- Server gratuities (recommended)
- Soft drinks, juice and alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Any reserved seats not claimed within 10 minutes prior to departure may be released for resale
- Dress code is smart casual; cocktail attire encouraged for dinner
- Please note: you will be placed in traditional railroad seating, multiple parties will be seated together, sharing a table. This experience is more authentic!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.60 out of 5 stars based on 188 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
If you want to travel back in time to experience what train travel was like in the gilded age then this tour is worth it. The train has been meticulously restored to reflect that era and a 5 star gourmet lunch is served while slowly traversing a 36 mile route through lush vineyards. It was a wonderful addition to our stay in Napa Valley and I would not hesitate recommend it.
This was an awesome little adventure. I am planning to bring a friend next time I am on the west coast.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Napa & Sonoma specialist!
Product code: COOL-5850TRAIN
Similar Tours & Activities