Small-Group Hoover Dam VIP Tour from Las Vegas
Head out with your professional tour guide on this wonderful Exterior Tour of the Hoover Dam. This tour will give you an incredible insight into the building of the Dam, one of the Seven Engineering Wonders of the World. In addition, you’ll also walk on the amazing Pat Tillman Bridge, 900 feet above the Colorado River, walk from Nevada into Arizona along the top of the Dam and see Lake Mead, created by the building of the dam with approximately 550 miles of shoreline. Before returning to Las Vegas, enjoy a stop at a local park where herds of Bighorn Sheep often come down from the surrounding mountains (seasonal) to graze on the sweet grass.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Boulder City/Hoover Dam Museum, 1305 Arizona St, Boulder City, NV 89005-2613
Your small-group tour starts with pick up from your Las Vegas Strip or downtown hotel at approximately 8am. Head out with your certified interpretive guide on a tour that includes an extended Exterior tour of the Dam, walk across the dam into Arizona, the new Hoover Dam Bridge which stands 900 feet above the Colorado River. The views from the top of the Dam as well as the bridge are truly breathtaking.
Pass By: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Located in Black Canyon on the Colorado River, the Hoover Dam was once the largest dam in the world. It is an outstanding achievement, noteworthy not only for its enormous dimensions, complex design and intricate construction, but also for its illustration of mans outstanding ability to overcome the desert's summer sun, the vagaries of a treacherous river and the extreme hazards of great heights on the chasm's sheer walls. The building of the dam also created Lake Mead, North America's largest man-made reservoir.
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
You'll walk on the impressive Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge which is 900' above the Colorado River. It's like flying in a Helicopter. The views are spectacular.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Colorado River, Nevada
See the mighty Colorado River from Hoover Dam and the bridge.
Stop At: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, 10 Lakeshore Rd, NV 89005
Before returning to Las Vegas, enjoy a stop at a local park where herds of Big Horn Sheep often come down from the surrounding mountains (seasonal) to graze on the sweet grass.
As part of your tour, you will receive a complimentary guide on the geology and history of the dam, Native American history, local flora and fauna information and many other interesting tidbits!
Duration: 20 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Professional Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Interior Tours - May purchase on own if available
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour requires a minimum number of participants to operate. If the minimum number has not been met, you will be offered another date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing is encouraged and face masks are suggested for travelers and guides in public places when social distancing is not possible. Some public places may require face masks.
Average 4.67 out of 5 stars based on 24 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities