Grand Canyon Helicopter Flight with Colorado River Float or Kayak Trip
Combine a Grand Canyon helicopter flight with a river raft float or kayak trip on the Colorado River for an incredible and exciting day tour from Las Vegas! Enjoy a scenic 70-minute (round-trip) helicopter flight over Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the Grand Canyon's West Rim. You'll also take part in either a relaxing river float down the Colorado River or a kayak tour through Black Canyon with an informative guide. Return transportation to your Las Vegas hotel is included. Please note: The order in which you do the activities may differ.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
- Lunch included
- Scenic helicopter flight
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
After hotel pickup, board your state-of-the-art helicopter for a 70-minute (round-trip) scenic air tour of the Grand Canyon West Rim. Your flight will take off from Boulder City, where builders of the Hoover Dam (formally the Boulder Dam) lived during the dam’s construction in the 1930s. Enjoy panoramic, 180-degree views of the impressive Hoover Dam, the bypass bridge and Black Canyon, and fly past the extinct and colorful volcano, Fortification Hill.
Pass By: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
Fly around the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge
Pass By: Fortification Hill, Las Vegas, NV
Fly over the extinct volcano known as Fortification Hill
Stop At: Colorado River, Nevada
Then descend beneath the rim of the Grand Canyon as you fly over the mighty Colorado River, past million-year-old geological rock formations.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Grand Canyon West, Pierce Ferry Road To Diamond Bar Road, AZ 86434
Make sure to have your camera ready, as around every corner you’ll see cathedral buttresses and pillars with amazing natural vivid colors. After leaving the Grand Canyon, enjoy views of other natural wonders in the wilderness of the rugged Mojave Desert.
Stop At: Black Canyon City Visitor's Center and Chamber of Commerce., 34301 S Old Black Canyon Hwy Suite #3, Black Canyon City, AZ 85324-9728
Upon landing in Boulder City, if you choose the rafting trip, you'll take a short drive down to the Colorado River launch area for your river float at the base of the Hoover Dam and the newly constructed bypass bridge. Here you'll be greeted by your friendly guide, who will help you board your comfortable river raft or kayak. Float or paddle down the river and through the Black Canyon, with high walls that will leave you breathless! Enjoy a picnic lunch at Willow Beach. Keep your eyes open for desert bighorn sheep, osprey, and great blue heron in their natural setting.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Willow Beach, Fort Mohave, AZ 86445-9544
If you choose the Kayak option, your day will start with hotel pick up and then a drive to Willow Beach on the Colorado River, just a little way down from Hoover Dam. Board your kayak and paddle 4 miles (approximately 3 hours) along the banks of Colorado River. Opportunites to views local nature is common as you may view the amazing agility of the mountain goat and soaring splendor of various eagle breeds. Please Note: Lunch is not included in this option.
Following your kayak trip, you'll take to the skies on your helicopter tour through the Grand Canyon.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Las Vegas Area Resorts & Hotels, if your hotel is not listed we will confirm the pickup details with you directly.
- Duration: 11 hours (Approx.)
- 70-minute (approx.) round-trip flight in a state-of-the-art helicopter
- Colorado River Float OR Kayak Trip
- Round-trip transportation by deluxe van
- Bottled water and boxed lunch (Rafting Trip Only)
- All taxes and fees
- Entry/Admission - Colorado River
- Entry/Admission - Black Canyon City Visitor's Center and Chamber of Commerce.
- Entry/Admission - Willow Beach
- Gratuity is optional
- Lunch (Kayak Trip Only)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 250lbs (112 kg/17.85 stone) will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- Please note if you choose the Kayak Tour it does not include lunch and you will start from Willow Beach not the base of the Hoover Dam and will not see the Hoover Dam from the river.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We recommend you bring sunglasses, sunscreen, towels & hats
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- This is not a private flight. The aircraft seats six (6) passengers plus the Pilot. Social distancing is not practiced during your helicopter flight. Face masks must be worn at all times
Average 4.59 out of 5 stars based on 140 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We had such an awesome experience. The helicopter flight was about 1 hr 20 min (longer than we anticipated) and the pilot was phenomenal. Very professional and knowledgeable. The rafting trip was soooo wild..!! Incredible scenery and wildlife (mountain goats and hawks) and the guide was insanely cool (Jeff a.k.a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs). Made it very enjoyable with commentary and facts to created a very memorable experience.
This was the highlight to our 10 day Vegas trip. We did many other tours and this one was the best! Recommended for all young and old!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-5516ST2
Similar Tours & Activities