Cajun Food Bus Tour in Lafayette
Hop on our one-of-a-kind cozy tour bus to learn the history, love the culture and best of all, taste the fabulous cuisine that makes Cajun Country so unique. Our fun, casual Cajun taste tours take you off the beaten path to include at least 5 tasting stops at local favorites. (All included in price!) You’ll taste many Cajun originals like boudin, king cake, etouffee, gumbo, fried seafood, cracklin' and more! Come hungry so you can enjoy! We work with nearly 30 different eateries so tours, routes and items sampled will vary.
Our tour guides are local! We are knowledgeable and passionate about not only the food but the entire culture of our area.
Come with a gang or come alone! Our tours bus has perimeter seating so you'll be able to visit those you came with or meat new people! We promise you will "pass a good time!"
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Johnson's Boucaniere, 1111 St John St, Lafayette, LA 70501, USA
While the restaurants we visit will vary from tour to tour, if you're on the 2:30 pm tour, there's a good chance this will be our first stop! "Boucaniere" means "smokehouse" in Louisiana French and the smell will hit you as soon as we hop off the bus. As good as the smell is, the taste will be even better.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Olde Tyme Grocery, 218 W St Mary Blvd, Lafayette, LA 70506, USA
While stops on the food tour may vary, this local favorite is likely to be one of our stops for the best fried seafood po-boys in Lafayette.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Bon Temps Grill, 1211 W Pinhook Rd, Lafayette, LA 70503, USA
This fabulous local restaurant serves up our favorite chicken and sausage gumbo. There's also a full bar and a fun specialty cocktail menu. (*Adult beverages are not included in tour price but can be purchased for those who choose to partake.)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Poupart Bakery Inc, 1902 W Pinhook Rd, Lafayette, LA 70508, USA
Every tour ends with dessert, and Poupart's is on of our favorite stops. We do like to leave a few things to surprise, just know, we are professional eaters, and we guarantee it will be fresh and delicious!
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: NuNu's Market-Youngsville, 509 Lafayette St, Youngsville, LA 70592, USA
If you're taking our lunch tour (10am,) we'll head to the outskirts of Lafayette to experience fresh smoked sausage, boudin, and cracklin at this, one of our absolute favorite Cajun specialty meat markets. you'll have a few minutes for shopping and we carry an extra ice chest on board the bus!
Duration: 25 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 3 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Snacks - Food selections at 5 different eateries (total equivalent to a meal)
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee sometimes included at last stop with dessert.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Local, knowledgeable, passionate tour guide
- Restaurant server gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Johnson's Boucaniere
- Entry/Admission - Olde Tyme Grocery
- Entry/Admission - Bon Temps Grill
- Entry/Admission - Poupart Bakery Inc
- Entry/Admission - NuNu's Market-Youngsville
- Tour guide gratuity
- Alcoholic Beverages
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Groups that are not together can be seated at separate tables from other groups as we remove masks to eat.
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 5 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities