Strawberry Hill and Downtown KCK Hike
Join us on our newest urban hike in Downtown Kansas City, KS and the eclectic Strawberry Hill! We start our journey at Splitlog Coffee. This hike includes spectacular views across the river, a community garden, the Wyandot Nation Burial Ground, stories of courageous slaves who escaped oppression to come to be free in Kansas. A key highlight is learning the history of the many ethnic groups that contributed to this area and the up close and personal views of the murals in Downtown Kansas City, KS painted by local artists and youth. We stop at a local restaurant for refreshing drink or snack. There are more than 30 points of interest. 4-5 miles 3 hours
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Strawberry Hill Museum & Cultural Center, 720 N 4th St, Kansas City, KS 66101-2908
Originally an orphanage born out of the need after the Spanish flu, this beautiful Queen Ann Victorian style building is now a museum with lots of history.
Pass By: Lewis & Clark Historic Park at Kaw Point, 1 River City Drive, Kansas City, KS 66101
From the Woodswether Bridge we get a good look at the historical Kaw Point where Lewis and Clark camped and where the Wyandot Nation first lived after they were moved to the Kansas City area.
Pass By: Kansas City, Kansas City, Kansas
We walk through Downtown Kansas City KS and enjoy colorful murals that represent the current and former ethnic population in Kansas City KS.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Experienced urban hikes guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a 5 mile hike which includes hills. We make some stops, but it's important to take the length into account.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 8 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor