3 Hour Off-Road Sunset Safari to Grand Canyon with Entrance Gate Detour
Climb aboard comfortable, custom, safari vehicles with forward-facing bucket seats with large panoramic windows
Bi-Pass long lines at south entrance gate – we have had the back-road Forest permits since 1993!
View elk, deer and rare bird species in their natural environment!
Visit dramatic viewpoints such as Yavapai Point, Pipe Creek Canyon, Duck on a Rock Overlook and witness a magnificent Sunset at Grandview Point during this unhurried excursion.
Pick-up and drop-off at central location in Tusayan, Arizona.
This tour departs 2 hours before the sunset.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Voted best and most captivating 3 hour Sunset tour at Grand Canyon.
Informative, local guides describe Grand Canyon geological formations, Native American history, mule and hiking trail systems, and the rich history of this region.
Includes Tusayan pick-up, south entrance gate detour during 30 minute off-road excursion, viewing of native wildlife such as elk, deer and rare bird species in their natural environment; culminating at Grandview Point where the fading sunlight turns the Canyon into a kaleidoscope of colors.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
See magnificent vistas, Colorado River and Phantom Ranch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Pipe Creek Vista, E Rim Dr Grand Canyon Village, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Pipe Creek Viewpoint
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grandview Point, South Rim, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon South Rim
- Entry/Admission - Yavapai Point
- Entry/Admission - Pipe Creek Vista
- Entry/Admission - Grandview Point
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum 2 people - if less call direct at 928-638-5337
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour departs two hours before sunset.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Average 4.91 out of 5 stars based on 217 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities