Hot Air Balloon Flight Over Black Hills
This adventure will be one that will stay with you forever! Enjoy a stunning hot air balloon flight over Custer Valley and the world-renowned Custer State Park. Located just a few miles from Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Wind Cave National Park, your flight over mountains, valleys, lakes and prairies, is one of the best ways to view the Black Hills. You may spot elk, antelope, deer and buffalo and maybe even an elusive mountain lion. The beautiful Black Hills is the only place in the world where you can witness such historic, wild landscape and abundant wildlife from a hot air balloon!
Stop At: Black Hills Balloons Passenger Meeting Location, 747 Mt Rushmore Rd, Custer, SD 57730, USA
Make your own way to the centrally located meeting point in Custer, SD. From here, you will be taken to the launch site where the crew will begin the task of unloading and preparing your balloon. Take part in a short safety briefing and enjoy photo opportunities as the balloon is being inflated.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Black Hills National Forest, Custer, South Dakota 57730
Once the balloon is ready, you’ll gently take to the skies for an approximate 1-hour flight over the Black Hills National Forest. If you are new to ballooning, you’ll be surprised at the silence and serenity you’ll find high above the treetops. It’s truly magical.
Upon landing, the ground crew will pack the balloon while you and your pilot celebrate the flight with complimentary champagne, light snacks and a story about the origin of hot air ballooning.
Flights depart at sunrise and are weather dependent and always at the discretion of your experienced pilot.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Glass of Champagne
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Black Hills Balloons will text and email the day before the flight before 6.30 pm for a flight status update and weather check.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.98 out of 5 stars based on 152 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor