Hot Air Balloon Flight Over Black Hills
This adventure will be one that will stay with you forever! Enjoy a stunning hot air balloon flight over Custer Valley and the world-renowned Custer State Park. Located just a few miles from Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Wind Cave National Park, your flight over mountains, valleys, lakes and prairies, is one of the best ways to view the Black Hills. You may spot elk, antelope, deer and buffalo and maybe even an elusive mountain lion. The beautiful Black Hills is the only place in the world where you can witness such historic, wild landscape and abundant wildlife from a hot air balloon!
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Black Hills Balloons Passenger Meeting Location, 747 Mt Rushmore Rd, Custer, SD 57730, USA
Make your own way to the centrally located meeting point in Custer, SD. From here, you will be taken to the launch site where the crew will begin the task of unloading and preparing your balloon. Take part in a short safety briefing and enjoy photo opportunities as the balloon is being inflated.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Black Hills National Forest, Custer, SD 57730
Once the balloon is ready, you’ll gently take to the skies for an approximate 1-hour flight over the Black Hills National Forest. If you are new to ballooning, you’ll be surprised at the silence and serenity you’ll find high above the treetops. It’s truly magical.
Upon landing, the ground crew will pack the balloon while you and your pilot celebrate the flight with complimentary champagne, light snacks and a story about the origin of hot air ballooning.
Flights depart at sunrise and are weather dependent and always at the discretion of your experienced pilot.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Hot Air Balloon Flight
- Glass of Champagne
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Most travelers can participate
- Must call or email Black Hills Balloons the evening before the flight between 6.30 pm and 8 pm for a flight status update and weather check.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 5.00 out of 5 stars based on 43 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor