45 Minute Semi-Submarine Tour of Catalina Island From Avalon
Come aboard Catalina Island's newest semi-submarine, the SS Nautilus, and enjoy a deep sea adventure 1,000 leagues beyond your imagination. The main attraction of this unique vessel allows six feet underwater viewing while staying dry so eager seafarers can get up close and face-to-face with schools of fish anticipating treats fired away from custom designed fish food torpedo buttons. Designed after America's first nuclear powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, the 45-minute journey is the destination itself as our captain and his crew ventures out on an exploratory mission to the undersea gardens of Avalon Bay.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catalina Adventure Tours, 1 Cabrillo Mole, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704
Explore the Catalina Island's amazing undersea gardens by venturing on an exploratory mission aboard the semi-submersible SS Nautilus. Designed after the USS Nautilus, America's first nuclear powered submarine, this 45-minute 6-feet underwater journey departs from the Green Pier and will cruise to a marine preserved sanctuary known as the Lovers' Cove. Equipped with torpedo buttons, adventurers can create a feeding frenzy right from their viewing porthole for an additional charge. On the way back to the marina, enjoy breathtaking harbor views on the top deck of the submarine. Weather permitting, undersea garden tours depart hourly year round from mid-morning until an hour before sunset.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- English guide
- Fish food offered at additional charge during tour. Cash only.
- Travel To Catalina Island is not included in ticket price. We are located on a Island 26 mi. from LA
- Transportation needed by Ferry to Island -Catalina express or Newport Flyer to get to Island.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- A 25% change fee will be charged and paid directly to the supplier for any itinerary change once the tour is confirmed,
- Not wheelchair accessible. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Your tickets will be held at the will-call window for collection on the day of the tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (2 years old and under) must be ticketed on a USCG vessel; fare is free-of-charge but fees apply
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- You MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to boarding to check in. We leave promptly at the scheduled time and cannot wait. When booking travel to the island please make sure to give enough time from arrival to island to get to tour departure location.
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Average 4.11 out of 5 stars based on 117 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Catalina Island specialist!
Product code: C-32779P2
Similar Tours & Activities
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Private Guided Golf Cart Tour of Avalon