Boston Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour with 15 Stops
Sit back and relax as expert tour guides turn back the pages of history and highlight the modern wonders of Boston – one of America’s most historic cities.
- Enjoy Boston’s most exciting sightseeing excursion, in operation for more than 25 years.
- Get aboard what Forbes magazine calls “One of the 10 best hop-on hop-off tours in the world.”
- Ride up high for a great view and don’t worry about the weather.
- Visit over 100 points of interest with all-day Hop on/ Hop off privileges at 18 stops.
- Rely on frequent pickup service from Boston’s largest trolley fleet.
- Get free admission to the Old State House Museum and the Dreamland Wax Museum.
- Receive discounted admission to the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, the Boston Harbor Cruise, and the Old North Church.
- Use your attraction tickets on any day you like.
Join us on the Old Town Trolley for Boston’s best sightseeing excursion. Relive history and see the best of the city known as the Cradle of Liberty when you get aboard the classic orange and green trolley cars that have been delighting happy guests with fun and educational “Transportainment” for more than 25 years.
Expert guides and city historians will take you back over 250 years to the era of the America's first colonists.
Learn how the colonies broke free of British rule to become a beacon of freedom and the greatest democracy the world has ever known. See all the famous historical sites; feel the drama of Paul Revere’s courageous midnight ride; listen to tales of Revolutionary War rebels and freedom fighters.
National historic landmarks like the Old North Church and the Old State House, Bunker Hill and the site of the Boston Massacre, the Freedom Trail, and colonial cemeteries are just a few of the over 100 sites of interest included in the trolley tour. You will end the day with a far deeper appreciation of Boston’s critical role in the history of the struggling colonies that grew into the United States of America.
Boston is steeped in history and culture, offers a wide array of exciting activities and intriguing attractions, and has always been one of America’s most important places. There is a lot to see and do here, and our expert trolley conductor guides make sure you learn all about it while keeping the ride exciting with historical facts and humorous anecdotes.
Hop off and back on as many times as you like while the Old Town Trolley passes 18 conveniently located stops spread throughout the heart of the city. Visit fashionable shops, museums, and restaurants. Enjoy a beverage at the pub that inspired the hit TV show Cheers. With short waits at every stop and the next trolley always on the way, this is definitely the best way to see the sights of Boston.
Get an in-depth look at Boston from the Harbor to Faneuil Hall and everything between. Take advantage of Cool Destinations’s fast and easy online booking and grab your seat now!
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: See itinerary
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Trolley tour
- Narration by professional tour conductor
- All taxes
- Entrance fees to attractions unless noted
- Items of a personal nature
- Food and drinks
- Tour does not operate on Thanksgiving (11/25) or Christmas Day (12/25).
- Currently Stop #6 Cambridge/MIT is closed due to construction and the tour will not be going there
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if a wheelchair-accessible trolley is required
- Please exchange your voucher with Historic Tours of America for the Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston ticket.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Only service animals are allowed (emotional support animals are excluded).
- Stop #6 Cambridge/MIT is CLOSED due to construction and the tour will not be going there until further notice
- For the Gold and Platinum Pass, you will be given your Harbor Cruise ticket when you check in for the Trolley Tour. Cruises depart periodically throughout the day close to Stop #1. No Harbor Tour Dec-March, extra day on the Trolley during that time
- Platinum Pass is 3 CONSECUTIVE days (Dec-March). No Harbor Tour during these months
- Gold Pass is 2 CONSECUTIVE days (Dec-March). No Harbor Tour during these months
- Tour currently runs from 9-4pm Daily
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 4.40 out of 5 stars based on 1300 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities