Kohala Waterfalls Small Group Adventure Tour
Experience the Hawaiian beauty of the Kohala Waterfalls on this small group Kohala Waterfalls adventure tour. Drive along the Kona coastline and explore the areas where lava flows from Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea and the Kohala Mountain. You'll also learn about Hawaii's countryside - a place of old sugar plantations, ancient legends and extraordinary natural beauty. Explore a private nature preserve as your interpretive guide brings you to explore streams, waterfalls and bridges. Soak in the amazing view from a private picnic area overlooking a remote valley. Easy walks, gorgeous countryside views and a chance to cool off in a mountain stream make the Kohala Waterfalls Adventure the ideal family adventure in Hawaii!
Stop At: Hawaii Forest and Trail, 73-5593A Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740
Travelers staying in the Kailua-Kona area meet here to check-in prior to the tour departure. Restrooms are available.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kohala Coast, Hawaii
Enjoy views of the Big Island's amazing coastline and a few of its volcanoes on the way to your North Kohala Adventure
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kohala Zipline, 55-515 Hawi Rd, Hawi, HI 96719, USA
Enjoy a brief convenience stop here at our Kohala Zipline retail store. There are restrooms available for guests as well.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kohala Waterfalls Adventure, Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Enjoy our one of a kind experience of seeing several different water falls while hiking through private nature reserves and a restored, ancient, Hawaiian agricultural site
Cool off with a swim under one of the cascading waterfalls
Lunch is provided with a heavenly view of Mokulanikila
Duration: 4 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Walking sticks, daypacks and rain gear
- Central Meeting Locations for Pick-up & Drop off
- Please bring your own water bottles; we will provide re-fillable filtered water
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Specialized infant seats are available
- Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- We require that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes, boots, sneakers, reef walkers or sport sandals. We recommend wearing bathing suits under clothes, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket and a towel
- Infants under 3 must be carried in a backpack carrier
- Children under 4 must ride in a car seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum number of 12 people per van
- **We are unable to accommodate cruise ship guests on this adventure, due to timing restrictions**
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 280 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought