Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History
This 12 hour nature tour offers an in-depth look at Hawaii’s youngest and largest island. Explore the diverse landscape and natural wonders, including a visit of the Volcanoes National Park, walk through rainforests to soaring waterfalls and stroll black-sand beaches as you scan the horizon for green sea turtles. This family-friendly tour requires easy walking and introduces people of all ages to the island, and includes lunch, snacks, refreshments, and park entrance fees.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kohala Coast, Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Pick up guests from resorts along the Kohala Coast while enjoying a narrated tour with unique landscape and scenic view.
Pass By: Kailua Pier, 75-5660 Palani Rd, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-3612
Drive through the historic Downtown Kona, home to the summer palace of Hawaiian royalty and oldest church in Hawaii.
Stop At: Bay View Farm, 83-5249 Painted Church Rd, Honaunau, Island of Hawaii, HI 96704-8316
Take a tour of this Kona Coffee Farm to learn about the harvesting and milling process while sampling Kona Coffee and Tea.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Punalu'u Bake Shop, Route 11, Naalehu, Island of Hawaii, HI 96772
This Southernmost quaint bakery & visitor center offer Hawaiian sweetbreads, cookies, souvenirs & island novelties
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Punalu'u Black Sand beach, Highway 11, Pahala, Island of Hawaii, HI 96777
Dip your toes in the sand at Punalu’u Black Sand Beach and scan the horizon for green sea turtles on the shore
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
Explore the wonders of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, including steam vents, the Halema’uma’u and Kilauea Iki crater lookouts, past lava flow sites, and take a short hike along crater rim trail and lava tube.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Nahuku - Thurston Lava Tube, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI 96718
Walk along a bridge that gives you a literal inside look at Hawaii, as you follow it to the eerie Thurston Lava Tube, a 600-foot-long (183-meter) cave formed hundreds of years ago by an underground river of magma.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Hilo, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Drive through historical Downtown Hilo, the largest city on the island.
Stop At: Rainbow Falls, Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
This 80-foot falls plunges over a natural lava cave and into the Wailuku River below. On a sunny day, rainbows appear in the mist of the falls, making for a magical view.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Akaka Falls State Park, End of Akaka Falls Road Off Hwy 220, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96728
This towering 442-foot (135-meter) waterfall plummets into a lush ravine at the center of a state park. You’ll enjoy a short walk through the vegetation for an up close view and plenty of photo ops.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Waipi'o Valley, Island of Hawaii, HI
The views stop you in your tracks at the Waipio Valley lookout, where a dramatic backdrop of lush cliffs drops into the sparkling blue ocean
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Parker Ranch, 66-1304 Mamalahoa Hwy, Waimea, Island of Hawaii, HI 96743-7503
Driver through the scenic green pasture of Parker Ranch, home of the Hawaiian cowboys and one of the largest ranches in the US.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 11 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.1/1/2022 - 5/31/2022
6/1/2022 - 12/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM
- Small Group Tour Lead by a Professional Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled Water
- Luxury Mercedes Sprinter Van Transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Akaka Falls State Park
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children under 4 years old are not allowed to participate
- This tour only departs from Kailua Kona and Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.86 out of 5 stars based on 847 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities