History & Hauntings of Salem Guided Walking Tour
Come and explore the rich, mysterious history of one of New England's most loved destinations. This 2 hour walking tour brings to life the true story of Salem's storied past. We are a diverse groups of historians, teachers, professional and artists whose passion for Salem's history is truly engaging. You will learn about Salem's rich past as a world-class seaport, hear hauntedly chilling tales of the supernatural, visit one of the most beautiful streets in America and learn of three hundred years of architecture, and find out the truth about the 1692 Salem Witch Trials hysteria. You will leave Salem wanting to plan your next trip back! Come and see why this the *only* tour you while in Salem.
Dog friendly! Handicap accessible!
Tours run RAIN or SHINE. We do NOT cancel for weather. No refunds in October under any circumstances.
***Please note, we book up to 50 people per tour in October.
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salem Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Sq, Salem, MA 01970-3704
All tours depart from Salem's Old Town Hall, on the three steps. A local historian guides you through the cobblestone-lined streets of this 17th century city by the glow of lantern light. Explore the driving factors behind the infamous Witch Trials Hysteria of 1692, meeting real practicing witches along the way. Learn about the rise of Salem as a world-class haunted seaport, creating some of the wealthiest families in its history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Essex Street Pedestrian Mall, Salem, MA
We will be strolling the cobblestoned streets of the Essex St Pedestrian walking mall. This is the very heart of Salem, which once was a Native American trading path. You will visit the site of the First Church of Salem and hear the haunting tale of the Lady in Blue.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bewitched Statue of Elizabeth Montgomery, Essex and Washington Street, Salem, MA 01970
One of the most photographed sites in the city, the Bewitched statue will be your next stop. Learn how the locals *really* felt about this 9 foot bronze statue being dedicated in 2005. Why are their security cameras fixed on Samantha?
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Salem, Salem, Massachusetts
History & Hauntings Walking Tour of Salem, MA
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 120 to 135 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: The Burying Point, 51 Charter St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
- 2-hour Hauntings & History Salem Walking Tour
- Listen to 400 years of Salem history from a local historian
- Day-time or lantern led night-time tour options available
- See top Salem sites such as Burying Point Cemetery, Witch House, and Ropes Mansion.
- Pass through Salem's historic McIntire District
- Professional/Local Guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes and jacket recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Tours run rain or shine, we do not cancel for weather. No refunds for weather! Please plan accordingly.
- Guests will be asked to complete a liability waiver and photo release form prior to their tour
- Dog friendly!
- Wheelchair/scooter accessible!
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note, we book up to 50 people per tour in October
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Per the CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated guests do not need to wear face masks.
Average 4.85 out of 5 stars based on 489 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities