Come and explore the rich, mysterious history of one of New England's most loved destinations Salem, Massachusetts. This ~2 hour walking tour brings to life the true story of Salem's storied past. We are a diverse groups of historians, teachers, professional artists whose passion for Salem's history is truly engaging. You will learn about Salem's rich past as a world-class seaport, hear hauntedly chilling tales of the supernatural, visit one of the most beautiful streets in America and learn of three hundred years of architecture, and find out the truth about the 1692 Salem Witch Trials hysteria. You will leave Salem wanting to plan your next trip back! Come and see why this the *only* tour you need while in Salem.
Dog friendly! Handicap accessible!
Tours run RAIN or SHINE. We do NOT cancel for weather. No refunds for no-shows or for weather.
***Please note, we book up to 39 people per tour***
Stop At: Salem Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Sq, Salem, Massachusetts 01970
All tours depart from Salem's Old Town Hall, on the three steps. A local historian guides you through the cobblestone-lined streets of this 17th century city by the glow of lantern light. Explore the driving factors behind the infamous Witch Trials Hysteria of 1692, meeting real practicing witches along the way. Learn about the rise of Salem as a world-class haunted seaport, creating some of the wealthiest families in its history.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Essex Street Pedestrian Mall, Essex St., Salem, Massachusetts 01970
We will be strolling the cobblestoned streets of the Essex St Pedestrian walking mall. This is the very heart of Salem, which once was a Native American trading path. You will visit the site of the First Church of Salem and hear the haunting tale of the Lady in Blue.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bewitched Statue of Elizabeth Montgomery, Essex and Washington Street, Salem, Massachusetts 01970
One of the most photographed sites in the city, the Bewitched statue will be your next stop. Learn how the locals *really* felt about this 9 foot bronze statue being dedicated in 2005. Why are their security cameras fixed on Samantha?
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Salem, Salem, Massachusetts
History & Hauntings Walking Tour of Salem, MA
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 105 to 135 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details:
Salem Witch Trials Memorial, 24 Liberty St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
- 2-hour Hauntings & History Salem Walking Tour
- See top Salem sites such as Witch Trials Memorial, Witch House, and Ropes Mansion.
- Professional/Local Guide
- Listen to 400 years of Salem history from a local historian
- Walk the cobblestone streets of Salem's historic McIntire District
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours run rain or shine, we do not cancel for weather. No refunds for weather! Please plan accordingly.
- Please Note: Guests assume ALL responsibility, ALL Liability, and a photo release while on our tour.
- Dog friendly!
- Wheelchairs are welcome, however, be aware that Salem has 400 year old sidewalks, uneven surfaces and narrow areas. Visitors assume all responsibility with wheelchairs and WCWT will not be held liable.
- Senior, military, and young adult tickets are not available after September 10, 2023.
- Tour group size may be up to 39 guests per group
- There are no public restrooms on the tour route. Please plan accordingly.
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 7942 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought