Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Admission
On a hot summer's day, one of the best things to do in Palm Springs is to take a ride from the dry desert floor with the Aerial Tramway, 5,873 feet up into the cool climate of the San Jacinto Mountains. Come and ascend into a pristine wilderness aboard the world's largest rotating tramcars! Truly one of the greatest experiences in Southern California!
The world's largest rotating tramcars carry visitors from an elevation of 2,643 feet to a Mountain Station located at the 8,516-foot level of Mt San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness. It has the steepest vertical cable rise in the U.S. and the second steepest in the world. The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is truly one of the greatest experiences in Southern California.
What is remarkable about the ride, aside from the breathtaking views of the valley, is the change in temperature. At the bottom of the tram route, the temperature on the desert floor can reach 120 degrees. Rising up through mountain canyons and chimneys, you arrive in an arctic-alpine forest with giant Ponderosa pines. The thrilling vertical ascent gives you views of the Chino Canyon and the San Jacinto Mountains from the front of the car, while the Sonoran Desert is splayed out below from the rear of the car. Look to the top of Chino Canyon, snap a few photos, then look behind and below as you move from one ecological zone to another.
At the Mountain Station, you can walk from the car into the large, 3-story facility which has a cocktail lounge, dining facilities, gift shop and observation decks. The station theater features "Building on a Dream", an 18-minute film on the history of the history and construction of the Tramway. At the top you can also explore the 14,000-acre Mt. San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness Area, which has 54 miles of hiking trails, rustic campgrounds, and granite outcroppings providing clear views of the cities below.
During the winter months “mid-November to mid-April” you can strap on snowshoes or cross-country skis and head into the packed powder of a winter wonderland at the Top of the Tram. There are so many ways to enjoy the snow in the San Jacinto Mountains but snowshoeing is perhaps the most exhilarating family adventure. The Tramway’s Adventure Center (snow conditions permitting) is open for snowshoe and cross-country ski rentals.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, located at: 1 Tramway Rd, Palm Springs, CA
- Duration: 1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 4/8/2019 - 12/31/2019
4/8/2020 - 12/31/2020
Monday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Monday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
- Round-trip tram ride
- Entry/Admission - Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Parking ($8 per vehicle)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- There is parking in 13 paved lots near Valley Station. There is free shuttle service from parking lots to Valley Station entrance available weekends and holiday periods
- The Tramway is subject to delays and periodic shutdowns due to unforeseen circumstances and is not responsible for ticket refunds or the inability to redeem a voucher
- Tramway cars hold 80 people each and there are no seats. Passengers remain standing throughout the journey up the mountain
- Distance is approximately 12,800 feet, with a vertical ascent of 5,873 feet - 15 minutes travel time one way
- The tramway is known as a double reversible type of aerial tramway. Each car remains on one pair of track cables moving up and down without turning around. Each car serves as a counter balance to the other, the descending car is helping pull the ascending car up the mountain
- Strollers are permitted on this tour
- During holiday periods, you may experience long lines. We recommend you travel outside of these peak times to fully enjoy everything the tramway and mountain have to offer.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3238PSTRAM
Similar Tours & Activities