Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day from Nassau
Escape the bustle of Nassau and treat yourself to the ultimate beach day at Blue Lagoon Island, known officially as Salt Cay. Climb aboard a boat at nearby Paradise Island, cruise through Nassau’s historic harbor and disembark at Blue Lagoon Island. Dig your toes in the soft white sand, swim in the glittering lagoon or swing carefree in a hammock. Spot dolphins and sea lions inside the marine park, and make use of the island’s changing rooms, floating noodles and game area. When it’s time to eat, tuck into a delicious grilled lunch with refreshing fruit punch, lemonade or iced tea.
The ferry terminal on nearby Paradise Island serves as the departure point for excursions to Blue Lagoon Island from Nassau. You can get to Paradise Island in one of three ways: hike up and over the bridge, take a taxi, or ride a ferry from Woodes Rogers Wharf in downtown Nassau.
Upon arrival at Paradise Island Ferry Terminal, climb aboard your boat and during the scenic cruise that takes you through Nassau’s historic harbor, capture prime views of mansions, yachts and smaller islands nearby.
Soon you’ll also have elite status when you arrive at Blue Lagoon Island (aka Salt Cay), a private and secluded tropical island surrounded by clear turquoise waters. Enjoy access to its beaches, facilities, and nature and marine parks.
On this day, the only item on your to-do list is ‘relax and have fun.’ Sprawl out onto the velvety sand and work hard on that tan, or snooze on a double hammock under the breezy shade of coconut palm trees.
Swim in the hidden turquoise lagoon, or float lazily on an inner tube, which you can pick up from the island’s main facility, along with noodles and unsinkable mats. Perhaps you’d like to take on more water adventures — rent a kayak, water bike or snorkeling gear, or check out the coral reefs teeming with brightly colored fish on a snorkeling tour (own expense).
Amble without direction and explore the island’s lush vegetation, hearing native birds cawing along the way. Maybe stumble into the game area, and spike a volleyball or challenge friends and family to a match of ping-pong or foosball. The quieter ones in your group can play chess or board games.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 8 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Round-trip ferry ride from Paradise Island
- Beach access
- Lunch (children 4-12 years and adults only)
- Use of inflatable aquapark, hammocks and game area
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional activities (kayak, water bike, snorkel)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Lunch is not included for infants (0-3 years)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is wheelchair accessible; however for boating purposes, motorized powerchairs and non-collapsible wheelchairs are not allowed on boats
- Please note: if you are arriving on a cruise ship, please enter your ship name and details in the Special Requirements box at checkout
- For the safety of the animals, personal cameras including cell phones cannot be used during the animal programs
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 3.61 out of 5 stars based on 57 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Me and my husband came here as an excursion on our honeymoon, and we had a wonderful time! It wasn't very crowded, the food was delicious, and the staff was very polite and helpful! We definitely would like to go back in the future!
Blue lagoon is a fantastic place and tour. Everything was great. The water was warm and clear. The food was good as well
It was my 30th birthday all I needed was beach an a drink! My hubby got a clam tent which came with 1 free refill and 2 blue lagoon beach towels. We had so much fun can't wait to go back! We were at the play area with water opstical course.
This is definitely the Must Do ! experience of any trip. Totally relaxing and enjoyed every minute.